Problems with the ipad/iphone and my new website

crazysarah

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I've just finished coding up my first proper website and having tested it on all the browsers you can install on a windows PC I was hoping that things would go painlessly. Not so...

When I borrowed my friends ipad and looked the page took an absolute age to load. And sometimes it wouldn't load at all. After checking other websites etc I'm sure it's not the connection. I have some Javascript I had never used before, could this be causing the problem? Sometimes it looks like it's taking a long time loading the FB, google and twitter buttons. Do they cause problems on iphones and ipads?

Unfortunately my problem is made worse because I can't easily get my hands on an ianything as I don't own one myself and all the emulators/simulators I've found don't appear to be 100% authentic. So it'd even be useful if someone could tell me if they have problems too.

Can anyone help me out?
the site's at www.traditionalirishgifts.com

I'd appreciate it :)

crazysarah

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hummm... I wonder if my friends ipad is broken then... It's pretty new (like a couple of months old) but pages just wouldn't load properly. Not only the really long loading times but also some css issues (horizontal nav bar goes onto two lines so there is a 'price range' link hovering just below the horizontal nav bar.

Any body got an older pad or phone? looks like only 5s so far

thanks by the way, I really appreciate this and really want to get this sorted.

crazysarah

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Karen, thanks, can't take credit for the design, got a designer to do that for me. It's my first proper website, rather than just using a slightly modified opensource cart with a template. I've done a bit of custom coding and using javascript for the first time and learned a bunch on the way. So first proper website.

Re the hover thing. I've checked and they work on my touch screen android when I touch them. To be fair that menu is based on a plugin and off the top of my head I can't remember how its put together. I'll have to go and figure it out :)

Thanks for the info. Very kind.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2