Is the iphone 4 still worth getting?

mtbykr

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I still have a 4 with IOS 6.1.3

It's gotten a little sluggish recently, but not that bad. I'm up for an upgrade, but not sure if I want the 5 or wait to see what happens in Sept. If I wait I can either get a newer device or save some money on the 5.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Tell your friend to upgrade at Radio Shack or Best Buy. He will probably find a better deal and they sometimes allow you to trade in your current phone.

Richard Devine

iMore staff
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Scrolling kinda sucks on the 4 in a few apps (the App Store being one) for me, but it's still a solid phone.

If you want to jailbreak though make sure you're not getting one on 6.1.3 :)

If you do jailbreak installing Siri is relatively easy, though I've had issues making it work so I went without :)

Paul Fishman

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Just found this forum - they are offering me a free iphone 4 and I don't need to get data - wifi only. I just don't want to be to disappointed, but free is free.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's certainly a fine device for free, but understand that it is quickly approaching the end of it's relevant tech life, and after the next generation iPhone is released, the chances that you'll start getting more and more limited updates greatly increases. You've probably got another year of decent feature support, but then you'll be in the same boat as the 3G and 3GS, where your updates will be about 10-15% of what the rest of the iPhones get.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2