Is the iphone 4 still worth getting?

pcgizmo#IM

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Good choice! I came to Apple from BlackBerry and it was a good change of pace. I think if you're coming from a BlackBerry, the iPhone 4 is going to be plenty-enough. Its a good phone to learn iOS on.

Either way, good luck in whatever you chose. Welcome to the Apple family!

Thanks, and I agree, this is probably a good device to get my feet wet with.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
i have an iphone 4 on verizon and i honestly don't mind the 3G service or slower processor. that being said, i DO wish i had siri. i've never had it myself, but in the apple store i tested it on the 5. i loved it! but for now $300 (for the 32 gb) is too much for me. i'll prolly end up waiting until next September when the next one comes out.

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ignore the guys saying the 4 is sluggish. I still use the 4 it has almost no memory spare and has a ton of Tweeks installed and I never experience sluggishness. It's still in the top 5 smartphones ever made.

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 4 was the first device I actually thought I could keep and use forever. Most phones lack in multiple areas, but the iPhone4 filled a lot of those gaps in. Im getting the iPhone 5 and will probably keep this device for the full two years.

pcgizmo#IM

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Ignore the guys saying the 4 is sluggish. I still use the 4 it has almost no memory spare and has a ton of Tweeks installed and I never experience sluggishness. It's still in the top 5 smartphones ever made.

Mine's not sluggish at all, and I'm coming from a BlackBerry so I'd know about sluggish ;-)

pcgizmo#IM

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
:eek: PC ?!?! Is that you?? From the bold addict rehab thread?? Holy shyte never thought I'd see you here:p it's me Pink:D

It's me!!!! I couldn't get my registration to work with my CB info, so I had to create this s/n. How are ya?? By the way......
I'VE ASKED 3 TIMES FOR HELP AND STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RESPONSE.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Crackberry login that won't work on iMore, I've emailed the sitesupport addresses at both sites with no response. I appreciate you offer though.
Will your iMore login credentials work via the Crackberry site? If so, use it and discard your other one.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It's me!!!! I couldn't get my registration to work with my CB info, so I had to create this s/n. How are ya?? By the way......
I'VE ASKED 3 TIMES FOR HELP AND STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RESPONSE.

:D I'm doing great!! I'll shoot you a PM:) and I see you've gotten your sign in dilemma straightened out too;)

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm still rocking the iPhone 4, it's excellent. Only downside really is that some modern 3D games run a bit slow, and maybe the lack of Siri (but Evi is available). Didn't bother upgrading to 4S because I'm still in my contract period and the upgrade wasn't worth shelling out ?500 for. Probably going to upgrade to iPhone 5 when my contract runs out next year but I'm still happy with 4 for now.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh! I wasn't aware there was one! Lol. But I can upgrade to the newest iOS as of right now wirelessly? And do I get Siri and passbook then?

Siri is only available on the 4S and the 5, but you will be able to get the Passbook app. For a list of features, go HERE and then scroll down to the "Version History: Portable iOS Devices" section and check out the feature listing.

abhibh

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Spend a little more and get the 4S. I have iPhone 4 and its sluggish since OS6 but on OS5 it was pretty good.

Overall simple tasks are pretty fine on OS6 but if you run a game you can feel the lag specially when you get Message or toast notification. But if you are not running any heavy application its very much doable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods