iphone 4 faulty

v1de0man

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have looked at endless thread in different places but thought i woudl join here see if i can get some quality help.

Iphone 4 battery is getting hot when charging and the other person cannot hear me when i call and home button harly ever works.

In a nutshell they are the 3 issues i am having. I know its a strip down for the home button flex replacement.

All was well and has been since i got the iphone 19months ago.

Unfortuantely i was knocked off a bike and the phone was in my pocket. THe rear of the phone glass was smashed. So i bought a replacement and due the battery getting hot i bought a new battery too.

Unfortunately my problem hasn't been cured. So i am assuming somethign inside is broken and was hoping some clever more experienced person in here could help me narrow it down

The phone also gets hot when using wifi or 3g so i assuming the cpu is thrashing away. as the battery life disappears quickly too.

gring40

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
You can work around the bad button issue by turning on Assistive Touch in the Settings > General > Accessibility Menu; this puts a virtual button in the corner of your screen.

Agree that something is running all the time to make the phone run hot; double-click the home button and turn off everything you can. I've had particular problems with my Nav app and also streaming radio stations; I have to manually turn them off after using them.

I've no idea what the physical damage might have been from your bike incident.

v1de0man

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
yeah i am awaer of workaround for home button, i was thining if i am stripping it down anyway to see for a crack / damage or something might as well put a new one in. But trying all the other options first.

I have nothing running at all but the battery still gets warm when wifi is on, say if i am surfing

site32

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I also have a fault iphone4 battery seems less and less to the force, just like the full power only 80%.... All of a sudden point gone

gring40

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah i am awaer of workaround for home button, i was thining if i am stripping it down anyway to see for a crack / damage or something might as well put a new one in. But trying all the other options first.

I have nothing running at all but the battery still gets warm when wifi is on, say if i am surfing
I was thinking of using the button workaround while searching for answers; if you can't be heard on the phone, your iP4 probably isn't worth spending $$ on. About that, maybe a bad mic or headphone jack?

v1de0man

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
they work fine on wifi and sometime if you bang the phone the phone works again, a broken connection somewhere but this wouldnt explain the fast bettery drain and warm cpu

gring40

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
If running hot is a hardware issue, it'd be beyond me (cracked mobo, bad ribbon, cold solder joint?) and I'd bail and get an iP5. If a software issue, maybe do a Restore to factory settings to reset everything, & hope that does it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711