2numbers

richje100

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, anyone know how to solve this. I've updated an existing contact by editing the number. Now when I text that person I get 2 numbers to pick from. When I look at the contact in address book can only see one number which is the updated one.

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Try this, delete the number all together and see if the other one still shows up. If all else, delete the contact completely and re-add him to contacts.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, anyone know how to solve this. I've updated an existing contact by editing the number. Now when I text that person I get 2 numbers to pick from. When I look at the contact in address book can only see one number which is the updated one.

Did you add the second number as a mobile number?

richje100

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I edited it by deleting them adding te new number. Now when I start a new txt and type the name it shows 2 names with other number and the second with mobile number. Could the program number be saved to the phone and sim? I've selected import from sim but it doesn't create a new contact

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you have contacts enabled under iCloud? do you have other devices? Do you have the contact anywhere else other than your iPhone? If you do you may need to edit it there as well. If all else fails create a new name with the new number like if it was T. Cole do Tom C. you get the point.

richje100

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's saved somewhere on iTunes? I only have iPhone. I have changed the name and it shows the old name with old number and new name and new number

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
wow that is weird, so you don't have iCloud setup? do you have a Mac or PC? Do you have the contact in your Outlook or Address Book? If you do and you only change it on the phone then syncing will bring the old one back onto the phone.

richje100

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Ye I got a pc, iCloud is set up, I disabled it on the fone and all my contacts went. I enabled it then they all came back. I would've expected to see 2 contacts in my contact list but only the new one!! Can uncheck what's stored on iTunes as a backup or something? Sorry but I'm still trying to get used to iPhones I've been crapberry user for years but finally seen the light lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711