Water Damage

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'm almost positive this has been covered many times, but I really don't feel like looking through all the threads....so I'm starting a new one :)

I'm planning on trading my 16gb iPhone 4 in within the first couple weeks of October as my upgrade is on the 5th. Well, today I happened to come across the water damage indicator and noticed that the one in the headphone jack has been tripped, but the one in the charging port has not (from what I can tell). Now if I go into BestBuy, are they going to say anything about that? And if they do can I ask them to open the back and check the internal indicators? My phone has never been submerged in water. The closest it has gotten is being in the rain and maybe some steam from the shower when I used it for music a couple times (even though I kept it near an open window. Not that that would make a difference).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And please don't give me crap about asking this lol.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I believe Apple even relaxed the rules regarding water damage on the iP4. Seems they determined that sweat and humidity could "trip" them. I think they decided other evidence would need to be present.

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually read somewhere that they supposedly improved the indicators on the iPhone 5 so that they're more accurate. Who knows. Thanks for the info though :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73