No SIRI with iOS 6 update?

gt3dan

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I was happy to see the maps update with turn by turn and the passbook is okay but no SIRI? I thought that was coming with iOS6....

gt3dan

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's terrible. I could understand if the 4S had just come out because Apple would want people to buy a new product, but now the 4S and 5 have it. I don't think they can count on that scenario anymore so why not just push it out to the 4 users.....?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't think turn by turn is available on the 4 also.

It's not... Turn-by-turn navigation is available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPad 2 or later with cellular data capability. Flyover is available only on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 or later, and iPod touch (5th generation). Cellular data charges may apply.

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I believe apple didn't give that to you because than they wouldn't cope up with so many ios devices trying to get info from they're servers !

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Siri has worked fine for me so far. Occasionally, Siri will misinterpret things, but most of the time she works well.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 4 is now 2 models behind. It is a free phone on most carriers and with the introduction of the new model next year will disappear from their lineup. There are lots of things Apple never does that can be done the original iPhone and iPhone 3G(I think?) never got background wallpapers. Yes something so simple, it doesn't move, it doesn't do any tricks but for some reason Apple though the phone couldn't handle it. I will honestly say that having Siri on the i4 through Jailbreak was cool but it was very frustrating and they don't want to give regular users that experience. It's the classic case of the grass is always greener on the other side. If you got it and it took ages to respond or do things you wanted it to do you would be wondering why you ever wanted it in the first place.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well lets not forget the hardware in the devices. The 4S and 5 have better processors than the 4. With the 4 it could be too much of a battery drain and/or make the phone too sluggish.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
nope none of that real os6 goodness at all. You will never get Siri, Turn by Turn, and passbook is gimmicky..... oh also you wont get flyover either but that does not matter because it is useless for actual everyday life

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
nope none of that real os6 goodness at all. You will never get Siri, Turn by Turn, and passbook is gimmicky..... oh also you wont get flyover either but that does not matter because it is useless for actual everyday life

Actually, to be accurate, the iPhone 4 does get Turn-by-turn; however, it does not get spoken Turn-by-turn.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Wow that's terrible. I could understand if the 4S had just come out because Apple would want people to buy a new product, but now the 4S and 5 have it. I don't think they can count on that scenario anymore so why not just push it out to the 4 users.....?

actually, what is terrible is the FACT that you would be the first to complain how Siri does not perform well on your iPhone 4

Apple did it for a reason. quality and performance of their devices are a main priority

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Siri has worked fine for me so far. Occasionally, Siri will misinterpret things, but most of the time she works well.

Same here. I use Siri almost everyday now, and I think it works much better running iOS 6 now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2