For You i4 Fans...

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 4 was a great alternative when the 4s came out; however, it's so far behind now that I wouldn't recommend anything but the 5.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4 is great...no complaints. But it is up on eBay now to help offset the cost of my iPhone 5.

I still love it though...it's a great phone. But the differences from 4 to 5 were enough for me to want to sell it.

moegumby

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Still does everything I want to do, still like new shape, I will keep the money in my pocket. Not worth upgrading for a stretched out screen and a few tenths of a second in speed.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I am quite happy with my i4 and would definitely not mind holding onto it... except the thing needs multiple repairs (New front screen, new power button, new home button before much longer)

If it wasn't for that I think I would be happy enough with just installing iOS 6 and keeping my 4. I am really wanting to get Siri, though, and I'd rather just upgrade to the i5 instead of the 4S. I'm going to wait 1-3 months though.

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with the 4 I have. If I get a 4S or a 5 soon, i will still keep the phone as a backup or a guinea pig phone for testing Jailbreaks and such.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with the 4 I have. If I get a 4S or a 5 soon, i will still keep the phone as a backup or a guinea pig phone for testing Jailbreaks and such.

Keeping it as a test device is a great idea! I'm probably going to make mine into a permanent music device and keep WiFi on so I can keep it synced to my music collection from the garage.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, I just got another i4 last night. I jumped ship to Android for the Atrix, and sold my original i4. I loved the Atrix, and had several Android phones after it I loved. My daily driver for my personal line is still my Galaxy SII, which is hands down the best phone I've ever had. Btw, I was a HUGE Apple fan up to the 4, and had all the iPhones prior.

Well, who can pass up a free iPhone? One of my co-workers upgraded his wife to the 5. I do all his IT work for home and her small business. He asked me if I wanted it, since he was just going to give it away. SURE!!

I forgot how much I really like the i4, and iOS in general. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Android, but I think this may replace the Infuse on my business line.

I may try to grab a cheap 4s, since siri is a good party gag. But right now, the 4 reminds me why Apple makes so much money.

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the point of getting a 5 just to get it. My 4 works perfect and is like new. I also don't like the bigger phone. Why are these phones getting bigger when years were spent to try and make things more compact?. The 5 should've stayed with the same size screen. Now the phone is too big

Last edited:

norulesjustgo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a black iPhone 4 and my upgrade is now so I'm gonna get the white iPhone 4 because its perfect for me. I would never use Siri and I have a portable navigation system which works perfectly. In my eyes the iPhone 4 is perfect for me.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I planned on keeping my iPhone 4 upon upgrading to iPhone 5 but realized I could sell it for $400 here in Sydney and both my partner and I did just that last night and made $800. Was so sad to see them go as they are a gorgeous looking phone and have served us so well over the past 2 years. But I love my iPhone 5 now and damn its fast, my poor iPhone 4 was very slow.

soll82

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 4 was a great alternative when the 4s came out; however, it's so far behind now that I wouldn't recommend anything but the 5.

"so far behind" is kind of exaggerated don't you think? I know there are some iOS6 features, the i4 doesn't get and thats stupid, but I think you can still use it quite good and I think its up-to-date too..kind of.

htc2hilt

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Being also an owner of an Android device with 4G LTE, more than twice the RAM and double the processing power; using an iP4 (on iOS 6) is still more than acceptable for me.

I have no issues with my iP4 after updating, but I wouldn't mind a panoramic 8-megapixel camera of the 4S/5.

The beauty of having an Apple device is the marriage of the software and hardware. And that is very apparent with how well the iP4 functions on iOS 6, even with the device being on the market for over 2 years now.

I always do a factory reset before and after major software updates & I never have issues. I did the same when previously going from iOS 4 to iOS 5.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I would love to have an iPhone 5 but my iPhone 4 is working just fine and does everything I need it to do. Might as well save money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I think people who are new apple users or received the phone for free are genuinely happy. Those who've had it for awhile might be ready for the 5
Sent from something awesome using mah brain

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711