Naked iPhones?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm one that's always buying new cases (that I'm soon dissatisfied with) and I've now taken the naked plunge. Well, almost, got a Zagg Invisible Shield Dry on the back (tried and screwed up the front install). I like the feel a lot. I figure, I'm paying Verizon 9.99/month for Total Equipment Coverage so why not go naked. I also believe that you subconsciously take better care of your device knowing you aren't covered up with a case of some sort.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm one that's always buying new cases (that I'm soon dissatisfied with) and I've now taken the naked plunge. Well, almost, got a Zagg Invisible Shield Dry on the back (tried and screwed up the front install). I like the feel a lot. I figure, I'm paying Verizon 9.99/month for Total Equipment Coverage so why not go naked. I also believe that you subconsciously take better care of your device knowing you aren't covered up with a case of some sort.
+1. I've bought cases upon cases myself. The case mate barely there I got a few wks ago is now sitting stagnant on my counter. Maaah beotch is running NAKED!! The past week or so. I only have basic screen prot on the back and my PowerSupport anti glare hd on front. The only time my phone is not "cased" is when I have to run out and I put it into my BookBook. Now that is one wallet case that I feel I've made a great investment out of. It's the only one I've consistently used for months now LOL.

As of now, I have ZERO intentions of putting a case back on my phone. Ever. If anything, a printed skin will do me just fine if I want to change up the look, and it'll still fit into my BookBook. :D

Took me 11 months to enjoy the full look of my phone, but hey, better late than never right?! Besides I have AC+ from day 1. FTW.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
+1. I've bought cases upon cases myself. The case mate barely there I got a few wks ago is now sitting stagnant on my counter. Maaah beotch is running NAKED!! The past week or so. I only have basic screen prot on the back and my PowerSupport anti glare hd on front. The only time my phone is not "cased" is when I have to run out and I put it into my BookBook. Now that is one wallet case that I feel I've made a great investment out of. It's the only one I've consistently used for months now LOL.

As of now, I have ZERO intentions of putting a case back on my phone. Ever. If anything, a printed skin will do me just fine if I want to change up the look, and it'll still fit into my BookBook. :D

Took me 11 months to enjoy the full look of my phone, but hey, better late than never right?! Besides I have AC+ from day 1. FTW.

Welcome to the iPhone streakers club...lol...:D...I knew you'd abandon the cases at some point, my friend. The iPhone is just too gorgeous to be covered, in my opinion.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the iPhone streakers club...lol...:D...I knew you'd abandon the cases at some point, my friend. The iPhone is just too gorgeous to be covered, in my opinion.

Lmao!! Yea, it took some time till I felt comfortable not having a case on my phone. I always LOVED the overall gorgeous design of it as well, but was always too scared to go without a case. Not anymore:D

Now.....I need to sell my cases. Lol. Any takers?:p

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What's so bad for me is that I ordered a white CandyShell on Sunday that has yet to arrive and yesterday I decided I'd give up cases. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

b_martin89

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I leave mine naked. My otterbox defender actually scratches the front by the earpiece so I took it off. Aside from that, there are only scratches on the back from General wear and tear.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
What's so bad for me is that I ordered a white CandyShell on Sunday that has yet to arrive and yesterday I decided I'd give up cases. Lol

LOL, but at least you can just return it using Speck's prepaid label they enclose;) Mine are waaaaay over the return period to even do that:p LOL

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I've tried a few different cases, bumpers, sliders, wallets, lifeproof. They all bore me. For most of the time since launch I just keep my iphone in my Otterbox defender and forget about it. Maybe it's not pretty, but I didn't buy the phone for a fashion statement, and in my job it keeps me sane. I couldn't handle dirt, grit, oil, and grease all over my non existant OCD would go nuts.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL, but at least you can just return it using Speck's prepaid label they enclose;) Mine are waaaaay over the return period to even do that:p LOL

You're right!!

Now I need to find more of those anti-glare protectors. Sprint (where I purchased my last lot from) didn't have any. I guess I'll look online but I'm impatient. HA

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a couple packs of those Power Support HD Anti-Glare SPs that you're always talking about Pink.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Have my 4 in a case, though it could be that it encourages 'oops' moments as it may not come out of my pocket as easily as something naked? Still, I've always been extremely careful with my pocket tech, so only a couple of soft drops here.

I don't have a screen protector, though if I was going to go that route, I'd only go with Moshi, if their iPad and Air screen protectors are anything to go by. Stunningly simple to apply with no bubbles. At all.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a couple packs of those Power Support HD Anti-Glare SPs that you're always talking about Pink.

sorry m, just saw your post now! Yes, I absolutely love the PS HD anti glare I picked up from the Apple store months ago. I still have it on, holding up great. I highly recommend them indeed! :D

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just put mine on! Not a whole lot different than the ones I had from Sprint a few months ago. Well, the difference in the grainy effect is noticeable. The Sprint ones were definitely more grainy!!

Thanks for your endorsement of these SPs. Zagg Dry on the back, Power Support on the front!!! Makes for a nice feeling and nice iPhone 4S experience!!!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just put mine on! Not a whole lot different than the ones I had from Sprint a few months ago. Well, the difference in the grainy effect is noticeable. The Sprint ones were definitely more grainy!!

Thanks for your endorsement of these SPs. Zagg Dry on the back, Power Support on the front!!! Makes for a nice feeling and nice iPhone 4S experience!!!

:Dnicely done mm ;)

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have mine in a very thin snap on shell case. It's almost like a case isn't on. Still thinking about taking that off. On merge fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sena Ultraslim for my 5. Had one for the 4 too. They really are thin, leather, and have a felt liner. Just slip the iPhone out when you want to use it.

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I used to have a bulky Otterbox on my phone, until I watched my boss drop his OB clad iPhone and the screen still shattered. My iP4 has been naked ever since. I figure if I can use the phone how I like, and risk shattering the screen, OR put it in a case and still run the same risk Ill just save the money I would put into a case for a screen replacement.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Think I'm bringing my cases tomorrow. I have several associates on the production floor that want them so I'll either sell or give them away. Trying to clean out my case drawer. LOL