I dropped my case-less 4 directly onto the cement today, and it's fine. No cracks on the screen, just a few nicks in the bezel and a minor scratch on the back. This is the third time I've dropped it case-less onto cement since I bought it back in October, and it hasn't cracked. I wonder, do the people who always complain about their iPhones breaking slam them against the ground or something? XD
    mud314 likes this.
    08-21-2012 08:27 PM
    I think you are lucky that yours didn't break as it sounds like it just happen to land the right way. I've seen many iPhone 4 & 4S drop videos and sometimes they broke on the first drop and sometimes the last drop. It all depended on how the iPhone landed....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    08-21-2012 08:44 PM
    I dropped my case-less 4 directly onto the cement today, and it's fine. No cracks on the screen, just a few nicks in the bezel and a minor scratch on the back. This is the third time I've dropped it case-less onto cement since I bought it back in October, and it hasn't cracked. I wonder, do the people who always complain about their iPhones breaking slam them against the ground or something? XD
    I know that feeling. I've dropped my iPhone many times onto various surfaces (accidentally) and it hasn't broken/ cracked or been scratched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-21-2012 08:53 PM
    The first time I dropped it, it landed on the screen; second time, it dropped at an odd angle and the bezel struck the cement first. This latest drop, it went straight down and the bottom part of the frame hit first. I am probably quite lucky, but I still believe that the iPhone's fragility is over exaggerated.
    Last edited by Exxod; 08-28-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    08-21-2012 08:57 PM
    Man, you all are pretty dang lucky...

I've only dropped my iPhone once, luckily it had a case. It hit pretty damn hard, and it landed square on its back. No damage, no problems. The phone did turn off instantly, which freaked me out very substantially. But, it turned right back on.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-21-2012 09:11 PM
    Man, you all are pretty dang lucky...

I've only dropped my iPhone once, luckily it had a case. It hit pretty damn hard, and it landed square on its back. No damage, no problems. The phone did turn off instantly, which freaked me out very substantially. But, it turned right back on.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    No doubt. What kind of case was it?

I've dropped mine multiple times while it's been in an Otter Box; and once, in a fit of rage, I tossed it across a field(in the Otter Box). After spending a a considerable amount of time trying to locate it, I finally found it, facedown and unscathed. That, I will admit, was pure luck, since rocks and whatnot dotted that field, and it could've easily struck one screen-first. XD
    08-21-2012 09:23 PM
    My other phone is an iPhone 4 and I now have it in a Lifeproof case, not had to test it yet, luckily!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 05:15 PM
    No doubt. What kind of case was it?

I've dropped mine multiple times while it's been in an Otter Box; and once, in a fit of rage, I tossed it across a field(in the Otter Box). After spending a a considerable amount of time trying to locate it, I finally found it, facedown and unscathed. That, I will admit, was pure luck, since rocks and whatnot dotted that field, and it could've easily struck one screen-first. XD
    It's a 'nothing special' case, a Pixelskin HD, and it took like a champ!

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    08-22-2012 07:29 PM
    dropping a phone on a solid cement is like 50-50... as compare to realizing that your phone is still on your pants while it is happily bouncing and spinning inside the washer... :'(

dropped it for 4x and it was just fine until he decided to take a bath... LOL
    08-25-2012 08:05 PM
    I've dropped my naked iPhone several times with a minor scratch or nick here an there. My boss dropped his Otterbox clad phone on a rule floor an it landed facedown. As soon as it hit it sounded like a lightbulb shattering and tge screen shattered. Luck of the draw I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-28-2012 06:03 PM
    I've put my Otter Box through hell; I've tossed it on the cement/ground multiple times to prove to my friends how tough it is. Your boss certainly struck out in terms of luck.

@catalypse Ouch. After hearing that story, I'm definitely double-checking the pockets of my pants before washing them. O.o
    Last edited by Exxod; 08-28-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    08-28-2012 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD