iPhone 4 earpiece speaker really low after screen replacement

puke1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Every now and then iv fixed a few friends iPhone screens, but after about a week of this screen replacement the earpiece speaker has become really low almost silent. Its happened twice now to 2 different iPhones.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Iv googled the problem but cant seem to find anyone else who has had this problem, but i have found that the fault seems to be a bug. But because iv replaced the screens im not sure if its from that or an actual bug within the iPhone

Gemjen

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I smashed my screen yesterday and got it fixed I'm trying to find out why My speaker is **** now too....I took it back to the shop that fixe the screen and they didn't fix the speaker there was nothing wrong with the actual screen so I don't know what to tell them for them to be able to fix it? It's so annoying!

Hi,

Every now and then iv fixed a few friends iPhone screens, but after about a week of this screen replacement the earpiece speaker has become really low almost silent. Its happened twice now to 2 different iPhones.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Iv googled the problem but cant seem to find anyone else who has had this problem, but i have found that the fault seems to be a bug. But because iv replaced the screens im not sure if its from that or an actual bug within the iPhone

emarie15

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Yea this is why I always tell people to get their screens fixed professionally. It may seem simple to replace a screen but some times you can go more damage then good! I would send it into a phone repair place or bring it into one. They are usually cheaper then taking it into the apple store. Heres a link if you are interested in the one repair shop I use and trust. They accept mail ins and are pretty speedy about it! if not find a local phone repair shop and ask them, they will probably know. Glass Digitizer

Gemjen

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I rang apple and explained what I did...they said its not good to open up an iPhone 4 :/ so usually they replace phones of there's a smashed screen....there's nothing u can do I don't think just pay apple ?146 to replace it lol not good news!

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
When doing this some manufacturers of parts will put a thing plastic covering on the parts, on both sides.
I hope you remembered to remove the protective cover on the inside top part of the glass/lcd/digitizer, if not your audio has to pass thru that.
Also, there is a protective screen to keep dust and stuff out of the speaker. Its possible stuff has accumulated in this.
Now if it worked well immediately after the repair, and over a few weeks got quieter and quieter, i have no clue..

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
When doing this some manufacturers of parts will put a thing plastic covering on the parts, on both sides.
I hope you remembered to remove the protective cover on the inside top part of the glass/lcd/digitizer, if not your audio has to pass thru that.
Also, there is a protective screen to keep dust and stuff out of the speaker. Its possible stuff has accumulated in this.
Now if it worked well immediately after the repair, and over a few weeks got quieter and quieter, i have no clue..

Definitely a good idea to check for plastic films. A few other things to look for are broken shards of glass, adhesive and dirt that could be obstructing the ear speaker.

On some aftermarket digitizers the dust screens are more tightly meshed than what comes with OEM parts, which could be affecting sound throughput.

The earspeaker receives power via two contact clips, so take special care to not bend or break these as they can cause power issues for the earspeaker.

Jesse Denny

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Same issue with a iPhone 5.

New screen from ebay, (cause i dropped a snowboard on it)

muffled sound.

I then replaced the speaker - no joy

replaced the cable for speaker, camera and what not - no joy

Pushed a needdle through the mesh on the replacement screen allowing the sound from the speaker go to my ear - AMAZING!!!

no joke, lived with muffled sound for 2 months

Hope this helps.

Jesse

Adiddy

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Same issue with a iPhone 5.

New screen from ebay, (cause i dropped a snowboard on it)

muffled sound.

I then replaced the speaker - no joy

replaced the cable for speaker, camera and what not - no joy

Pushed a needdle through the mesh on the replacement screen allowing the sound from the speaker go to my ear - AMAZING!!!

no joke, lived with muffled sound for 2 months

Hope this helps.

Jesse

Adiddy

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem, and found that since the ribbon cable is completely seperate from the screen I just took my whole ribbon and speaker off my broken screen and put it on my new screen, took about ten minutes and as long as your speaker still works on your broken screen it's pretty much a guaranteed fix. I found that sometimes the gold square receivers for whatever reason are not compatible with new speaker connected springs so taking both off the old broken screen is your best bet. Goodluck.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods