iPhone 4, Verizon, "Could not activate Cellular Data Network"

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Ugh..

I had to switch back over to my iphone 4, on Verizon. So, I didn't have a wifi connection yet, so going to the app store, it pops up that there isn't any cellular data connection. Says, "Could not activate cellular data network". It shows the 3G icon at the top. I went to Settings > Network and Cellular Data is ON. I've never had that before.

I've turned it on airplane mode for a few mins, then turned that off, still no go. I rebooted the phone, no go. I'm lost.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
/slaps forehead...

Thanks for the reminder. I'll do that now, and update after I'm done. Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(laughing)....You're very welcome, my friend. Take care and have a great day. ;)

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Tried that as well, but for some reason it would only go to an Alltel activation call, and obviously that woudn't work lol. So...

Ended up going through a decent amount of troubleshooting.

I turned on/off airplane mode.
Turned off data service, turned back on.
Reset Network settings
Soft reset
hard reset

at the end, I did a complete wipe. Ok, so I have the phone JB, and forgot to NOT erase all settings and content.

Well, so the phone turns off, goes into restart, and the circular "busy" icon turns and turns for about ten minutes. I went ahead and held power + home button until the phone restarts. Apple logo comes on screen, and within a few mins the phone has restarted. All icons, etc., are there like there wasn't any content erased. Also, it gave me the activation message. A couple mins later, everything is working 100% again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner