Ugh..

I had to switch back over to my iphone 4, on Verizon. So, I didn't have a wifi connection yet, so going to the app store, it pops up that there isn't any cellular data connection. Says, "Could not activate cellular data network". It shows the 3G icon at the top. I went to Settings > Network and Cellular Data is ON. I've never had that before.

I've turned it on airplane mode for a few mins, then turned that off, still no go. I rebooted the phone, no go. I'm lost.
    08-19-2012 10:20 AM
    You may have to call Verizon and have them activate it.
    F34R likes this.
    08-19-2012 10:32 AM
    /slaps forehead...

Thanks for the reminder. I'll do that now, and update after I'm done. Thank you.
    08-19-2012 10:47 AM
    (laughing)....You're very welcome, my friend. Take care and have a great day.
    08-19-2012 10:53 AM
    OR if you use MyVerizon on the web, you can change the active ESN on the MDN yourself without having to call Verizon at all
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-19-2012 10:56 AM
    OR if you use MyVerizon on the web, you can change the active ESN on the MDN yourself without having to call Verizon at all
    It shows the Device ID as the correct ESN right now.
    08-19-2012 11:22 AM
    Then dial *228, select option 1...
    08-19-2012 11:27 AM
    Tried that as well, but for some reason it would only go to an Alltel activation call, and obviously that woudn't work lol. So...

Ended up going through a decent amount of troubleshooting.

I turned on/off airplane mode.
    Turned off data service, turned back on.
    Reset Network settings
    Soft reset
    hard reset

at the end, I did a complete wipe. Ok, so I have the phone JB, and forgot to NOT erase all settings and content.

Well, so the phone turns off, goes into restart, and the circular "busy" icon turns and turns for about ten minutes. I went ahead and held power + home button until the phone restarts. Apple logo comes on screen, and within a few mins the phone has restarted. All icons, etc., are there like there wasn't any content erased. Also, it gave me the activation message. A couple mins later, everything is working 100% again.
    08-19-2012 11:47 AM
    Sometimes all it takes is a little time. I had a problem after I installed beta 4
    08-19-2012 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD