Please Help!

VaylkriE

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
All right, here's my situation. As the tech guy of the family, I helped my mom get her brand-new iPhone 4 set up. I was making the Apple ID for her, the iPhone connected to the Verizon network without even finishing, deactivating her Blackberry, with her email that she NEEDS and her pictures and contacts. I've tried so many things, even going to my dad, who gave me the pop3 and the other setting, which he said were the same thing. Didn't work. I've been searching for hours,reading threads,everything.My mom's been talking to the support team(thank god they responded, I always heard Verizon was horrible), who attempted to help her, with no avail. I'm willing to resort to anything, even jailbreak to get this fixed.

P.S. I'm twelve. Maybe try to simplify it for me.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's messed up! I'm not sure about the email, but the pictures you can still take off her blackberry by copying them of her phone to the computer, then to her iPhone. All you need is the USB cable and a computer to do it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VaylkriE

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's messed up! I'm not sure about the email, but the pictures you can still take off her blackberry by copying them of her phone to the computer, then to her iPhone. All you need is the USB cable and a computer to do it.

Thanks for the picture help, but maybe, is there a possibility that one could hack their own email for the info to connect to it?

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
No problem. I'm not sure about the hacking thing lol. Hopefully Verizon can come up with some way to get those emails of the other phone though.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The OP needs to find an independent cell phone dealer or repair shop that has a CellBrite machine capable of doing content transfers from Blackberry to iPhone, and have them do it for you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the picture help, but maybe, is there a possibility that one could hack their own email for the info to connect to it?

I'm not sure I follow, but if the photos of whatever are in her emails then all she has to do is configure the appropriate email account with her iPhone and then download the photos.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All right, here's my situation. As the tech guy of the family, I helped my mom get her brand-new iPhone 4 set up.
Outstanding and I'm sure she appreciated it.
I was making the Apple ID for her, the iPhone connected to the Verizon network without even finishing,
That's okay. Connecting to Verizon is different than activating an Apple ID especially if you're connected to Wi-Fi.
deactivating her Blackberry
Excellent,
with her email that she NEEDS and her pictures and contacts. I've tried so many things, even going to my dad, who gave me the pop3 and the other setting, which he said were the same thing.
This is where I get confused. Are the photos attched to email messages? Are her contacts saved on the Blackberry or on its SIM card? Can you not export the contacts, save them to a computer and then import them? If she has her contacts via gmail, hotmail, Yahoo!, AOL, etcetera then those contacts will be available to her once she configures her iPhone to access those accounts.
Didn't work.
What didn't work?
I've been searching for hours,reading threads,everything.My mom's been talking to the support team(thank god they responded, I always heard Verizon was horrible), who attempted to help her, with no avail. I'm willing to resort to anything, even jailbreak to get this fixed.

P.S. I'm twelve. Maybe try to simplify it for me.
Make sure you have the Apple ID and password written down and in your possession. Connect the iPhone to a computer and then initiate the computer's iTunes app. If you don't have iTunes installed, download and install it from the Apple website. After iTunes recognizes the iPhone, select "restore" and follow the prompts. This will erase everything on the device, download and install the latest iOS operating system and make the device as it was when you purchased it. Once the restore is complete, follow the prompts to set up your device.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

That's true as long as the contents are not encrypted...

And the pictures could also be stored on a removable memory card...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Actually, all of this could be done with a computer using Blackberry Desktop Manager... All the needed items could be synced and or copied off the BB, then synced via iTunes to the iPhone.

VaylkriE

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for your help. Even though we had to update my mom's already deactivated Blackberry on the computer with DM, we were able to get it. Thank you all for the help. Have a good day!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2