Looking for a password keeper/manager

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Lastpass on my desktop. It is not an answer to storing my non-web related information like bank account numbers, credit card details, frequent flyer numbers, and insurance info.

phirsch

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Lastpass. I am unhappy with it because it does not work with Apps. I do like it somewhat since it works with Windows and iPhone. I would like one that works with Windows, iPhone and Apps.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Lastpass. I am unhappy with it because it does not work with Apps. I do like it somewhat since it works with Windows and iPhone. I would like one that works with Windows, iPhone and Apps.

No app will work with apps yet. Apple won't allow it.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I've used KeePass, but for some reason, I don't trust the security.

For me, 1Password has a client for all the devices I use (except BlackBerry). For my PC, iPhone, Windows Phone and Android. Also syncs using DropBox, which is a plus.

I love the UI and UX.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You might also want to take a look at this independent study by Elcomsoft, which suggests that the only one of 12 password managers analyzed to truly use Apple's security features properly is DataVault.

As reported by Infosecurity, Elcomsoft also noted that "Only one password management app for the iOS platform, DataVault Password Manager, stores passwords in secure iOS-encrypted keychain."
DataVault uses AES and an advanced hashing algorithm to encrypt data, then stores it in the Apple Keychain for a second layer of protection. A hacker would need to crack the Apple Keychain to have a chance at decrypting information stored in DataVault. In metaphorical terms, this would be like breaking into Fort Knox only to find the Bank of England vault.
No security system is invincible. Ascendo will continue to monitor the work of security experts such as Elcomsoft to insure that DataVault offers the highest level of protection to our customers.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
SplashID for me.
Used it with my Storm2 And several Treo's
Desk top companion app available as well. Syncs via Wi-Fi like a charm.
Good Luck

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
DataVault

:)I'll 2nd D's suggestion of DataVault, it also has iCloud integration as well as being able to copy/paste the file while usb'd to iTunes & and can be placed onto your desktop or laptop.

Another suggestion is "Keeper" if you want simple, & are not worried about iCloud syncing or back up files. You can however pay a $9.99 yrly fee for syncing with Keepers own cloud service.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for a password

I used free version of Keeper for awhile and just recently switched to SecureSafe (free) clean, easy to use UI...

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
When I see mention of Dropbox I suggest both the Security Now LastPass episode and the series on cloud storage.

I still see LastPass as best of breed whether it's feature set or how and where data is encrypted.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR