can't access iPhone 4 picture folder on PC

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi my mom is having issues with her iPhone 4. Usually she was able to plug her iPhone 4 to her pc And the little window would pop up saying "open folder to view files" and al of a sudden her iPhone doesn't wanna do that. I plugged in my phone and it opened the files. My brothers iPhone opened the files too but hers doesn't. I also tried it on the home computer and hers still doesn't open the file folder and it isn't under the devices where I can just go click on it. When I try installing her drivers after deleting them it says it cannot install and I have no idea why. I've deleted all the apple stuff in hopes I'd be able to get it to work again but nothing. Her phone still charges when USB is plugged in to her pc but doesn't open the file folders. I'm contemplating restoring her phone to factory settings see if that will solve anything but I don't wanna risk her losing 1500+ photos. Any advice or anyway I can solve this problem?

Nick Johnson

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Try this :-

1. Plug phone in

2. Go to Device manager >Unversal Serial Bus Con>DELETE Apple Mobile USB driver

3. Uninstall Itunes completely( Dont repair )

4. Unplug Phone and Reinstall ITunes

5. Plug Phone back in and it should show up!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And before trying the above, definitely try simply resetting your mom's iPhone. Sometimes that alone is enough to do the trick.