How to find out my network carrier?

anbagt

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I have an iPhone that is locked to a swiss network. However I am unsure what network carrier it is and I need this to unlock.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I have an iPhone that is locked to a swiss network. However I am unsure what network carrier it is and I need this to unlock.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

In settings-general-about, there is a Network section there. Is that what you're looking for?

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
You need to have the IMEI number of your device, and to find a tool on Internet that can tell you what carrier it is locked to with that info. Usually you have to pay for the complete info about your device, but if you're lucky you might find a tool somewhere that does it for free, or that gives the carrier info in its trial version.

If, as I gather you are, you're stuck at the activation screen, and if you don't have the original box of the iPhone, you'll need to hook your device to a CPU and check out the USB buses to get the IMEI. Google it all for the tools and know-how.

anbagt

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi thanks for the replies. My iphone is jb on 5.1.1 and hactivated so I can access the screen. I am willing to pay for a service to find out my network. Any suggestions?

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
You might not need to pay, as I was saying...

Google a query like "Find carrier with IMEI"...

But why would you need that if you're already hacktivated and can access the screen? All you have to do now is install UltraSn0w 1.2.7 on Cydia... and put in whatever SIM you want...

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Well... if you're sure what country it's from you can call each main carrier to know if it's their phone. A task made easier by the fact that, usually, the iPhone is restricted to only the most prominent carriers. So depending on which iPhone it is, you can easily know what carriers to call first.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77