What to do???? Suggestions wanted...

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I hope my fellow iMore members can help me... Your comment is greatly appreciated (just so you know).

I currently have an iPhone 4 on ATT with Unlimited data. A few months ago, I moved to a location that does not get any service. Verizon covers the area and parts of their LTE network cover where I am. I can go with VZ and get coverage and 2-4GB of data or hope that ATT will cover the area with LTE at some point and keep the unlimited data.

Since I do not have cell coverage, I use a MicroCell with my ATT DSL which is not consistent.

The leaks of the iPhone 5 are the same boring design that I have been looking at for the past two years. (Anyone else agree?)

The Samsung Galaxy 3S is super nice.

I work from home and use my phone mostly to view apps and web.

I've emailed ATT to see what their expansion plans are for the area. I know that if I give up my unlimited data plan, I will never get it back unless Sprint decides to cover the area.

What would you do?

Keep ATT or switch to Verizon?

Get the S3 or hold out and hope the iPhone leaks are fake and get the 5?

Thanks!!!!

PS - Since my DSL is 6Mb/down and .43/Mb up, my hope is that I can get a cellphone with LTE in the area and use it for Skype and other services that require better upload speeds.

Like many of you, I use my cellphone more as an additional computer than a phone. So screen size being larger is important.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I would get the GS3 and test drive it on Verizon. If you like it cancel the AT&T and if not get the iPhone on Verizon.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I would get the GS3 and test drive it on Verizon. If you like it cancel the AT&T and if not get the iPhone on Verizon.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

Yeah, that is an option.

AT&T got back with me just a few minutes ago and said they would waive my early termination fee for the second phone on the account (as mine is not under contract). Would have been nice if I had already upgraded and got the GS3 and had that line waived as well. :)

But she was really nice and understood the issue I have.

So... unless something changes, it looks like once the iPhone 5 comes out, I'll be moving to VZ and choosing between the iPhone 5 or the GS3.

Just like last year when we all thought the teardrop style would be next, and found out at the last moment that we were wrong, I hope that is the case here. Simply put, the leaked photos are ugly and much of the same.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The leaks are all ugly. I will just keep my iPhone 4 if the new one looks like that.

I would never go back to Android. But I have a bud who has the SGSIII, and he loves it. But then again, he gets a new phone every 3-6 months.

Let's just wait and see what Apple comes out with. I want to hold it in my hands first, then make a decision. Heck, I'm half thinking if the iPhone 5 is that ugly, I'll pick up a 4S off Craigslist and be able to use all my accessories for another year or two (because of the rumored new dock connector).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73