My jailbroken iPhone 4 was locked with a passcode. I must have set the passcode wrong twice (by not really looking at the keys) because when I entered what the passcode was supposed to be it began to lock me out with the wait one minute, wait 5 minutes, wait 15 minutes prompts. The screen now says, "iPhone is disabled; connect to iTunes". The problem is when I connect to iTunes I get the message, "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes". I am not even allowed by my phone to enter a passcode because there is no place for me to put it. All that is on the screen is the message, "iPhone is disabled...". It has not been backed up and I am not currently looking to restore it because I would prefer not to lose all of my pictures (my niece, my doggies, me looking super cute, etc.) and important but hard to remember health info. You guys are smart; I know there has to be some super-genius way to get me back to my phone!
    07-15-2012 06:44 PM
    Did you have the Find my iPhone app on it, and set up? If so, use the Find my iPhone feature from a computer, and do a remote lock, make careful note of the password and see if that overrides the lock.
    07-15-2012 06:53 PM
    Strangely enough, I did have that app but I never set it up! :-(
    07-15-2012 09:20 PM
    During the initial setup, did you enable find my iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone 4S
    07-15-2012 09:24 PM
    Do a hard reset by holding down the Home button and the power button together for 10 seconds then let go and turn the phone back on. That may work to allow you to retry the password
    07-15-2012 11:53 PM
    but doing as hard reset will lose all of its data, including her pics right?
    07-16-2012 09:58 AM
    but doing as hard reset will lose all of its data, including her pics right?
    Not as described above. It's like rebooting a desktop computer...
    07-16-2012 10:03 AM
    ahhh ok... hard reset is commonly referred to as a factory data reset with phones i am used to... still learning ios.
    07-16-2012 10:06 AM
    Giving it a try....
    07-16-2012 02:58 PM
    Darnit! It still says my phone is disabled!
    07-16-2012 03:00 PM
    I hope you have a backup either on iTunes or iCloud. You can just put the phone in DFU mode and restore
    it as new. Then just restore the backup after it's done.
    07-16-2012 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD