I have always noticed when I squeeze my 4 with my left hand and got to touch something on screen with thumb, the back panel would slightly move. I thought it was all in my head. Today I was holding my 4 and playing around with it when I noticed I could move it slightly very easily. Is there a way to fix or tighten this problem?
    06-25-2012 09:27 AM
    Maybe the screws are slightly loose? If you look at the bottom of your iPhone, next to the speakers are small screws. You'll need a special screw driver depending on if they look like a "plus +" sign or an asterisk *. I unscrew the back off my iPhone 4 all the time to switch backs.
    06-25-2012 11:42 AM
    Maybe the screws are slightly loose? If you look at the bottom of your iPhone, next to the speakers are small screws. You'll need a special screw driver depending on if they look like a "plus +" sign or an asterisk *. I unscrew the back off my iPhone 4 all the time to switch backs.
    They are neither "plus" (phillips) or "asterisk" (torx), but Apple's proprietary "pentalobe" - a 5-point star shaped screw slot... requiring a special tool. iFixIt sells them, and I am sure other places do, as well.
    06-25-2012 01:38 PM
    Or if you have a Apple store around, take it to genius bar and have them tighten it down.
    06-25-2012 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD