I have arrived!

vemshnub

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello iMore!

As you could guess from my username, I am a defector from blackberry, having used them on and off for 4 years.

I have an iPhone 4 on its way!

I was wondering if you guys can recommend the best apps and any other general tips, anything to make my experience as good as possible.

Thanks for reading :)

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello iMore!

As you could guess from my username, I am a defector from blackberry, having used them on and off for 4 years.

I have an iPhone 4 on its way!

I was wondering if you guys can recommend the best apps and any other general tips, anything to make my experience as good as possible.

Thanks for reading :)

Congrats on you new purchase! Did you get the 4 or 4s?

As for apps... depends on what you like... there are so many... some of my favs though:
1. iMore
2. ScoreMobile
3. WeatherBug
4. TeamStream
5. TeleNav
6. iLoader
7. Pandora
8. TuneIn Radio

As for general tips... I suggest reading through these forums... tons of helpful info! And then if you have specific questions try searching before creating a new post.

Enjoy your new iPhone!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome, but since we don't know anything about you no one but you will know what apps will be best for you. There are plenty of threads with "Top 5" type lists in them; I suggest searching the forum for some good reading material. Enjoy the new phone?it will probably change everything!

vemshnub

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies - bgl I got the iPhone 4, i'm sure it'll be an amazing phone despite it not being the most recent. Also thanks, i'll try those apps :).

Massie - Thanks, i'll check out some top 5 posts!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and congratulations on getting an iPhone. Below are a few apps I recommend:

1. DataVault
2. Feeddler, Flipboard and/or Feedly
3. Tweetbot
4. TuneIn Radio Pro
5. ESPN ScoreCenter
6. HD 4Cast 2
7. Evernote
8. Dropbox
9. Waze
10. iTip

Have a great day. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Chanpisan#IM

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard , same to me switched from bb world (9900) , there are a lot of useful app on ios , typing on the iPhone isn't that bad the keyboard is great but will take time to adapt , You can try looking in app store for essential app catagory to start with
Congrats with your new device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Welcome and congrats on your move. I came from BB with a 7 month stint on Android (Droid X) before settling in with the iPhone a year ago.

Some of my favorite/most used apps are:

Pandora
TweetDeck
Poynt
Youversion Bible
The Weather Channel
Waze
Alarm Clock HD
Ascendo DataVault
Dropbox
TuneIn Radio

I'd also recommend getting a case for protection.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and good luck with your iPhone 4. As to apps, this is a personal thing. Ones that I like and use might not fit your taste.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Apps depend on what you're gonna use your phone for. If you're into music, there's Pandora, iHeart, Sirius/XM. If sports is your thing, there's tons.

You can search in the iOS app library by category, so just search.

Jailbreaking may be an option for you as well to customize your iPhone how you like it. Mine is jailbroken and I've tweaked a lot.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
If you could swing it I would highly recommend the 4s not the 4. It's gonna be the only phone that will get the ios6 update. Correct me if I'm wrong?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
If you could swing it I would highly recommend the 4s not the 4. It's gonna be the only phone that will get the ios6 update. Correct me if I'm wrong?

iOS 6 will be compatible with iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S models, the 4th generation iPod touch, the iPad 2 and of course the new iPad.

hansgrote

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
i love this too
sig.jpg