Hello

So here is the situation, my close friends brother passed away in his sleep over the weekend with his iphone in his hand. His family his desperate to know anything about his last moments, but his phone has a lock screen password.

He asked me to help him as he is obviously in no condition to try to figure this out, he doesn't have access to his computer, but he could if he absolutely must connect it to his itunes or something.

Restoring the phone is not an option as he wants to be able to access any messages or anything he did on his phone right before he passed away.

its an iphone 4 or 4s. i will test whatever method on my 4s to make sure it works.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
    06-04-2012 09:15 PM
    Unfortunately not .. Your best bet might be able to contact apple or go to the store

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-04-2012 10:08 PM
    Unless you work for a law enforcement agency that has the means to do what you want...you're out of luck. Sorry.
    06-05-2012 07:06 AM
    Sorry for your loss. But that defeats the purpose of the passcode.

The only option is to try every combination of numbers assuming it's not set to wipe after 10 incorrect guesses.
    06-05-2012 07:41 AM
    Whoa, what a story. =/

The only option is to try every combination of numbers assuming it's not set to wipe after 10 incorrect guesses.
    9 to the 4th: 6,561. Not too bad, I guess.
    06-05-2012 01:56 PM
    As an an above poster mentioned, you would need to go to local law enforcement as they have a specific tool that can get into devices bypassing user locks.

Due to the circumstances, and with the blessing of the family involved, someone in the department should be able to get that done for you guys.
    06-05-2012 04:05 PM
    Why is there a tool out there and yet no JB have figured this out ? .. Must be a special apple software or something

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-06-2012 10:40 PM
    I'm really sorry for your loss...

I'm not sure if anyone else could verify this, but a few months ago I had a problem where I forgot my restrictions password. I was able to open up an iPhone backup file and found the password in the code. Would the actual iPhone passcode also be hidden with the backup data?

Whoa, what a story. =/

9 to the 4th: 6,561. Not too bad, I guess.
    You forgot about 0 buddy, it's actually 10,000 combinations... Doable but a real pain...
    06-07-2012 10:30 PM
    Can't you get past the lockscreen with Siri or something? I remember reading about that...
    It was some kind of security flaw... Where you could get into the phonecalls at least.
    And the restrictions password loophole was fixed at 5.0
    06-08-2012 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD