Reset all settings ruins all photos

randommom#IM

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So, so stupid. Could not find contacts icon. Did home screen reset & could not find so did reset all. It said I would lose no data or media. My camera roll is back, but the photos are awful. Every dongle one is grainy & out of focus. What did I do wrong? (Later found contacts in utilities, likely there whole time. So bummed. Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.:(

I should clarify to say that photos previously taken now look bad. I haven't tried to take any new ones yet.

Last edited:

randommom#IM

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I guess I should have done it through iTunes but that is on my office computer. I don't even know if my photos were in the cloud. I thought I still had them only on the phone. I am not sure they are backed up on iTunes either as I usually refrain from transferring pics on the work computer. I just din't understand why I had to do anything from cloud except the apps. I thought I was not supposed to loose any data or media.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
iCloud backs up your camera roll

Everytime you sync to iTunes thou it might of made a backup I would check and see you might be able to get some back ..

I have restored before and never seen this thou ..

Was your iCloud backup big maybe pic quality got downgraded because of iCloud space ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

randommom#IM

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm not a power user so I don't think it was a space issue. I have all the photos, they are just poorer quality. If I resolve the problem somehow, I will let you know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73