I'm on 5.1.1 with and iPhone 4. I am jail broken btw. Anyways I still have a severe battery issue. Every since updating to 5.0.1 my battery took a massive plunge. Here are some notes

-location services are off. I only turn it on when I need to
    -Bluetooth is off
    -wi fi is off
    -brightness is low
    -push email is not activated
    -no jail broken tweaks effect my battery because it's still the same when my phone was pure
    -I tried a restore as new, but still the same crappy battery life
    -when the untethered jailbreak was released for 5.1.1 I did a dfu restore and update, but battery is still crap

I don't even know what else to do anymore. Also, all of those location settings, like iAds, are off. I'm on my 5th iPhone 4. I should probably just call Verizon and complain. Last time I did they were goin to give me a 4s. All I had to do was pay the cash difference between both devices. Any suggestions/opinions?
    06-01-2012 01:11 PM
    when you Restored as new iPhone you did not use any backup afterwards, correct?

a lot of times people will do this and they end up putting previous corrupted files back onto their device
    06-01-2012 01:38 PM
    That's really strange! It could be psychological, but I think my battery increased a bit with the 5.1.1 upgrade.

Anyway, do you have auto brightness on? That's suppose to improve battery life. Also, I've heard if you shut off Ping services, that helps as well (you have to go into your restrictions, turn it on then turn off Ping).

Hopefully that helps a bit!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-01-2012 01:38 PM
    Put "battery is still crap" into a quantifiable example... And give some quantifiable use indications... like how much time actually on calls... are you streaming audio? Watching videos? Using iTunes with music stored on the phone? iTunes in the Cloud?

Pervious to my current Verizon iPhone4S - I had a Verizon iPhone4 - stock and jailbroken... and I could take my phone off charging in the morning - and after what was for me normal use - calls, 3 to as much as 6 hours of streaming audio, email, web surfing, etc. - and at the end of the day, get home with at the very least 10% or more battery left with no charging during the day. I just don't get all the "my battery life is crap" talk - not just here, but anywhere I read it. Frankly, I think some expectations are unrealistic, if not surrealistic when it comes to battery life.
    06-01-2012 01:44 PM
    Whats are you battery stats? Usage and standby time with % of battery left.
    06-01-2012 01:44 PM
    when you Restored as new iPhone you did not use any backup afterwards, correct?

a lot of times people will do this and they end up putting previous corrupted files back onto their device
    Nope. No restore from back up whatsoever.

And I use the phone (texting, lift safari browsing, and music while the phone is locked) and that's pretty much it. Just by texting I can lose 20% in 10 minutes.

I can't see my usage stats. There's just a dash there
    06-01-2012 02:03 PM
    20% in 10 MINUTES?!?!?! well that is a definite problem

typically the only time you will ses a dash (-) in the usage stats is if you respring or reboot during a cycle. you will have to charge to 100%, or close to, to reset those
    06-01-2012 02:09 PM
    I'm with BLiNK, 20% in 10 minutes is INSANE!! I would definitely call Verizon and see what they can do for you!
    06-01-2012 03:59 PM
    Ah ok gotcha. I've been dealing with the battery issue for awhile now and it's so annoying.

The phone can be charged fully on 100% and the second I take the charger off, I'm down to 99%. It's ridiculous. I'll give Verizon a call tonight
    06-01-2012 07:39 PM
    Here's my bizarre situation. I've never really had a battery issue. And the Upgrade to the latest OS5 actually did improve things a bit. I never had a complaint......But suddenly this week, the battery usage has gobe berserk. Can't get through half a day, down to 30%. Completely dead at end of day. No streaming, notifications off, no phone calls. A few checks of Twiiter, some web page reading, that's about it. I didn't change any settings, add any apps, delete any apps, or (knowingly) make any changes. Now my battery level indicator looks like a countdown timer......
    06-01-2012 09:27 PM
    Try restore setup as new no JB for a day

also how's signal where u are using your phone .. If u send a text week signal it could be hanging ... Trying to send

If this is your 5th iPhone same issue something thing else is the problem

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-01-2012 11:36 PM
    Battery life on my 4S running 5.1.1 is good, but not as good as it was on 5.0.1.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 06-02-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
    06-02-2012 07:48 AM
    Do you use iTunes Match? That can destroy battery life if something goes wonky. Something happened to my cloud data one time, and Apple had to wipe my data from their end.

If you're already jailbroken, purchase BatteryDetective and use it to help narrow downwhat is causing your drain.

I never restore from backup and I'm pretty frugal when it comes to battery-consuming tweaks, but every once in a while, something will latch up on my phone and start consuming a lot of energy. I suspect that it's one of the radios, but I can't be sure.

As soon as I suspect some unusual power drain, I immediately open BatteryDetective and look at the battery discharge number. While that screen is active, I'll put the phone to sleep and let it sit for a minute or so, then wake it back up and look at the battery discharge number. It only refreshes once every 30 seconds or so, so you have some time to look at the "sleep" number before it changes.

A normal sleep drain is only around 4mA. When my phone throws a fit, I've seen that number go to 500mA!

If it's not reading less than 10mA, start closing background apps and services to see what is making it go nuts.
    06-02-2012 11:36 AM
    Ah ok gotcha. I've been dealing with the battery issue for awhile now and it's so annoying.

The phone can be charged fully on 100% and the second I take the charger off, I'm down to 99%. It's ridiculous. I'll give Verizon a call tonight
    damn Troy !! I havent heard from you since we were last trouble shooting your batt issues a few mths back - i thought things had settled. Sorry to hear you still battling that - I have to admit, i'm still completely stumped as to what could be going on with your device....
    06-02-2012 01:27 PM
    I'm having a theory of lemon units.. Because iphone with battery issues keep popping up

Sent into orbit from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-02-2012 03:31 PM
    I don't use iTunes match. Or even iCloud. The signal in my area is great. I get good coverage, at least 4 bars 99% of the time

Yes pink long time no talk. I disappeared because I just got used to the battery drain, but now it's even worse!
    06-02-2012 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD