Official AT&T unlock w/o the SIM card?

psufan32

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the process of trying to sell my wife's recently off contract iPhone 4, and some potential buyers wished for me to unlock the phone.

I did the AT&T chat, got approved and received the instructions that asked me to hook up the phone to iTunes, back-up and restore. The problems are two-fold: 1) I've already wiped the phone and 2) I already tossed the micro SIM card that was in the phone. When I connect the phone to iTunes, I can't get past the iTunes message that says "no SIM card found" and on the phone it stays on the "connecting to iTunes" screen.

Is there anyway around this? My current phone has a regular SIM, so I can't use that.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope. You need to get a hold of a microSIM. If you know anyone who has a microSIM enabled phone, restore it with that sim in it, no matter the GSM provider. Once iTunes issues the unlock command, take out that sim and put it back wherever/whom you got it from. Once an unlock command is issued, it's permanent. Restore it again without the sim in it.

Using someone else's microSIM will not affect their service in any way, provided it's a smartphone.

Last edited:

MrGoodLuck

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
CAN you PM the instructions please :( ..; I am traveling overseas and the bas*ards at AT&T didnt give me unlock codes cuz I am still undercontract :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2