I had iOS 5.0 Jailbreaked on my iPhone 4

When I installed 5.1 through iTunes I was expecting the jailbreak to be removed and it appeared that it had been.

Yet when I try and use apps like Sky Go and PingIt i get an error saying that the application doesn't support jailbroken devices.

It would appear that something still lurks in the background. Updating to 5.1.1 has made no difference either.

How can I fully get rid of all traces of the jailbreak?

Thanks
    05-18-2012 02:45 PM
    towards the end of the restore process you will be given an option to Restore from Backup or Setup as New

select: Setup as New

yes, it might be a PIA to enter all your info back on but this will completely remove any and all JB info. AND you might benefit from a smoother running device with better battery performance

good luck and report back if this helps
    05-18-2012 03:40 PM
    Thanks I'll give it a go.

I take it all contacts and calendar entries will restore from the cloud as per normal?
    05-18-2012 03:42 PM
    Thanks I'll give it a go.

I take it all contacts and calendar entries will restore from the cloud as per normal?
    Anything backed up to iCloud will restore just fine. Good luck!
    05-18-2012 03:44 PM
    i have had JB info put right back onto my device from the cloud as well so be careful what you select

maybe do it after your device has been setup so you can add backup info individually [Settings > iCloud > Desired info] > ON]

i have a feeling the JB data stores in the Documents & Data backup
    05-18-2012 04:15 PM
    Cheers guys, thats worked a treat.

Most apps won't sync back, in iTunes the related pics are missing, will just re download from iTunes.

Thanks Again
    05-18-2012 04:38 PM
    Bear in mind that you may occasionally see a similar message from other apps (Skype is one well-known example) saying they don't support jailbroken devices...but once you dismiss the popup, the app will still work. They're simply saying don't come complaining if something goes wrong.

That said, some apps definitely DO stop working if a jailbreak is detected. If you decide to jailbreak again and need some of those apps, check out the xCon tweak by developer n00neimp0rtant, which patches app store apps to bypass jailbreak detection. Voila! They will work again--and if they don't, he is very good about patching new apps by request.
    05-18-2012 08:10 PM
    Only way I know would be to hook to iTunes and do a full restore and setup as new

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-18-2012 08:18 PM
    Cheers guys.

Complete restore and set up from new worked.

iTunes had issues as well last night and somehow my iTunes folder disappeared, ended up having to retire that and rebuild libraries etc, Time Machine you are a savour.
    05-19-2012 03:28 AM
    Cheers guys.

Complete restore and set up from new worked.

iTunes had issues as well last night and somehow my iTunes folder disappeared, ended up having to retire that and rebuild libraries etc, Time Machine you are a savour.
    Glad you got it working

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-21-2012 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD