Gmail deletes off server

reneeaz

May 16, 2012
Visit site
My iPad does NOT delete Gmail off the server as I am able to ask it to leave a copy on the server. However, if I pick up an email first on my iPhone, it is then gone from the server with no way to leave a copy. Therefore, I will not receive that same message on my computer either. I have set my Gmail to imap instead of pop3 but still does not help. Any ideas?

reneeaz

May 16, 2012
Visit site
iPhone and iCloud

say what? I have set my Gmail to imap and now my messages come into Outlook under iCloud! Isn't there a way to just plain leave a copy on the server?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
say what? I have set my Gmail to imap and now my messages come into Outlook under iCloud! Isn't there a way to just plain leave a copy on the server?

What? How is that possible? I suggest that you do as Peligro911 suggested and that is delete your gmail account from your iPhone and then set up again but this time use the Microsoft Exchange setup to configure your gmail instead of the Gmail setup.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
My iPad does NOT delete Gmail off the server as I am able to ask it to leave a copy on the server. However, if I pick up an email first on my iPhone, it is then gone from the server with no way to leave a copy. Therefore, I will not receive that same message on my computer either. I have set my Gmail to imap instead of pop3 but still does not help. Any ideas?

Double check and make sure your Gmail is set to IMAP. I have no issues with using Gmail on my iPhone using the default setup (not Exchange). Mail remains on the server too and I have Archiving turned on in the settings on the iPhone. If I Archive it on the iPhone then it Archives in Gmail, etc.

Also check any rules you might have set up in Gmail to see if that is causing a problem.

reneeaz

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Nothing seems to work for me. Therefore, I set up an iCloud ".me account" and have forwarded my emails to this account. Now, I get my emails on both my iPhone and iPad, but when I go to Outlook on my desktop computer, none of them are there. I have checked under the iPad mail settings under advanced, but there is nowhere there (not in iPhone4 either) where you can say leave a copy on the server. I have just spent a frustrating hour on this problem. Can anyone now give me a solution? Thanks. Also, where do you go online t check your iCloud mail? Much appreciated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro