new to IOS and have a few questions

kingofny#IM

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
1. do i have to download apps etc. from a wifi signal or can i download from 3G service. and if not when i jailbreak will i have the option to download from 3G

2. do i need to have some type of debit/credit card to access the app store.....

will update when more questions arrive

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. do i have to download apps etc. from a wifi signal or can i download from 3G service. and if not when i jailbreak will i have the option to download from 3G
You can download apps via Wi-Fi and 3G and you don't have to be jailbroken to do so.

2. do i need to have some type of debit/credit card to access the app store.....

will update when more questions arrive
Yes, you will have to enter payment information at some point prior to purchasing anything from iTunes or the App Store.

iSpi7Fire

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You can also create an account without a credit card to use for downloading only the free apps, but you need to create it from iTunes not from your iOS device.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Using the iTunes / App Store will require you set up an account - often your User ID if you've already used iTunes on your desktop or during setup of your iPhone.

If credit cards are an issue for you (hey, it happens) you might wish to explore prepaid credit cards - these also very useful if you are concerned with security on the net, as only have access to 'credit' you have loaded on your card at any one time. These work as with any credit card on any sites that need them.

Or buy iTunes cards at a retailer and use 'Redeem' on either your desktop's iTunes > Store, or on your device (at the bottom of iTunes > Music > New Releases, or App Store > Featured) to have a credit there.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I second the gift card route?I've never been comfortable leaving a bank account or credit card tied to iTunes, and using gift cards makes me more aware of how I'm spending my money.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The iTunes gift cards are great as well because the money comes off instantly and it can take days for the money to be taken out of your bank account if you use a debit card.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73