New iPhone user/potential iPhone user here.

I am considering buying a used AT&T iPhone 4. it has iOS 5.0 installed on it. I need to unlock the phone to use on T-Mobile. Is it possible to unlock? If not, I wont purchase it. please help!

Thanks,
    05-03-2012 01:40 PM
    People have been reporting that AT&T will unlock your device, however, there are conflicting statements regarding the conditions in which they will unlock it, but that is something you will have to determine when you call them. Let us know how it goes.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-03-2012 01:51 PM
    I am currently a T-Mobile customer. So I won't be able to have AT&T unlock it... (at least not that I know of)

Is it possible to downgrade the OS to a point where I can unlock it?
    05-03-2012 01:55 PM
    I am currently a T-Mobile customer. So I won't be able to have AT&T unlock it... (at least not that I know of)

You can't downgrade the OS
    05-03-2012 02:09 PM

Do you know if the owner of the used iPhone is still under contract with AT&T or not and could you not have the person you're buying it from get it unlocked before buying it?

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-03-2012 03:11 PM
    Buy Gevey Sim and you'll be ready to go !
    That no longer works. The company is giving refunds.
    05-04-2012 12:00 AM
    Its impossible unless you buy it from someone and have them get it carrier unlocked. Or you could get one factory unlocked, which is very expensive as we all know.
    05-06-2012 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD