Help! iPhone 4 activation no SIM

jgc2593

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Alright guys. I have no clue what I'm doing so be kind, please.

I bought an iPhone 4 5.0.1from Amazon Warehouse. The description said it has been unlocked with Gevey SIM but it came without a SIM card in it. I have TMobile and read online that I can cut my regular SIM card down to micro and use it in an unlocked iPhone.

The problem is, now, I can't activate it or get anywhere because I don't have a compatible SIM card. I tried to jailbreak it using redsn0w but i can't get my iPhone to turn off and therefore can't put it into DFU mode. I also don't know my firmware version and so far the 112 call and firmware call aren't working.

I tried to use pwnage tool but I don't know my firmware version and nothing I download will work. I also tried to install my choice of firmware on iTunes recovery but it didn't accept that either.

Basically I'm out of options now. Everything for jail breaking won't work and I'm not even sure that would activate it.

Does anyone know if I bought an AT&T SIM to activate it, would I be able to put in my TMobile SIM and use it unlocked?

I don't really know what I'm doing..I've never jailbroken or unlocked a phone before at all so I would really appreciate specific links and a plan of action. Has anyone succeeded in activating and using an iPhone 4 without a SIM card?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't tmobile now offer micro sim compatible with iPhone now? If its unlocked, that should work.

jgc2593

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
that would work for activation too? And is there a way to check if it is actually unlocked. Like I said, it didn't come with a SIM card in it and I thought if its unlocked with Gevey SIM, that SIM has to be kept in it

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
that would work for activation too? And is there a way to check if it is actually unlocked. Like I said, it didn't come with a SIM card in it and I thought if its unlocked with Gevey SIM, that SIM has to be kept in it

Don't know how to see if it's unlocked besides thowing a sim in. I'm not familiar with Gevey sim so can't help you there.

jgc2593

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
ill definitely check this out in the store tomorrow. hopefully the iphone is actually unlocked or else i might need some help with that. thanks for the help!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Grevy sim is a simtray that gos with your sim if u bought it will 5.0.1 and believe the seller I would just run redsnow and Download the 5.0.1 file and to get to dfu mode hold home and power till phone gos black then follow the dfu steps provided in redsnow

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

chasanmiguel

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
hi jgc2593

I have the exact problem as yours, may I ask if you were able to know how by now? :( I am extremely frustrated now.. super thanks..:(:(

the phone was from uk, orange carrier, it needs to be activated but I don't have the sim. :(
And it shows it can only be activated with a compatible sim

Please help, thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner