Okay so I am currently with AT&T and have an iPhone 4. I live in the US. I am moving to England in a few months to study abroad and will be there for 3 years. I want to keep my iPhone since I just got it very recently. I know they have T-Mobile in England, and I was going to get a plan with them and keep my iPhone. How can I unlock my iPhone 4 from AT&T in US, and make it useable for T-Mobile in UK.

I'd *prefer* not to jailbreak it, is there any other way?
    04-20-2012 07:25 PM
    You should be able to simply ask AT&T to unlock your iPhone for you and, if I were you, I'd site the incident in which a customer with a similar situation contacted Apple's CEO Tim Cook, who in turn, ordered AT&T to unlock the person's phone. Anyway, just call AT&T and ask them to unlock it for you because you are moving to England and still want to be able to use your iPhone.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 04-21-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    04-20-2012 08:04 PM
    If you're on contract, they'll probably charge an ETF. I could be wrong, but call them and ask.
    04-21-2012 10:50 AM
    Okay so I am currently with AT&T and have an iPhone 4. I live in the US. I am moving to England in a few months to study abroad and will be there for 3 years. I want to keep my iPhone since I just got it very recently. I know they have T-Mobile in England, and I was going to get a plan with them and keep my iPhone. How can I unlock my iPhone 4 from AT&T in US, and make it useable for T-Mobile in UK.

I'd *prefer* not to jailbreak it, is there any other way?
    Hi,
    You can unlock your iPhone 4 by Remote unlocking, without any jailbreak!! The unlock is permanent and you can get this unlocking service from online sites. Unlocking4u.com is where i unlocked my iPhone, Check it out!!
    09-11-2012 05:08 AM
    WOW!!! Nice Post!Kind Regards.

09-11-2012 05:26 AM
    We can do that service for you too. It doesn't take long for the factory unlock to go through, and it would also allow you to use it as a world phone.
    09-11-2012 06:02 PM
    i have a similar problem but mine is kind of different cos am not in usa but i have an iphone4 with at&t carrier lock which i bought online,what do i do?
    09-16-2012 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD