im considering maybe replacing the battery in my iphone 4. it appears to drain pretty quick and i want to see if the battery itself has lost too much of its useful capacity. ive been searching online and found two websites that look fairly squared away. just wondering if these DIY kits are worth the $20 or so and if they are actually halfway decent. i dont want a POS battery that will blow up, leak and stop working after a week. any reviews or if anyone has used either of these companies, please let me know.

iPhone 4 Replacement Battery | DirectFix

iPhone 4 Replacement Battery - iFixit

or should i get a more well known/trusted brand from batteries plus?

CEL11083 Battery - iPhone 4/A1332 32GB/A1349 - Apple - Cell Phone - Batteries Plus
    Last edited by dictoresno; 03-11-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    03-11-2012 10:14 AM
    I think Ifixit is pretty reputable.
    03-11-2012 03:01 PM
    I think Ifixit is pretty reputable.
    their site looks well made and i agree based on just that. i was hoping someone could comment on the actual quality of the battery though that has used them. i cant find any feedback on them.
    03-11-2012 03:39 PM
    If your phone is jailbroken, you can use BatteryDetective to see if it's really bad or if it is being drained too quickly.

You can use that app to see how much wear your battery has been subjected to. You can see how many charge cycles the battery has gone through as well. If the actual battery capacity is less than 60-70% of designed capacity, it wouldn't hurt to swap it out.

Honestly, I'm not so sure that the OEM battery that came with the phones is very high quality to begin with. You might end up with a BETTER battery...
    03-11-2012 04:33 PM
    im not jailbroken anymore. so unless there is an app for non JB phones, im out of luck.
    03-11-2012 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD