I would like to download some music and ringtones, maybe even videos that I already have or from vuclip or funformobile. Is there a o way to do this? I'm sorry if this has already been asked. I'm new to the iPhone.
    03-06-2012 03:40 PM
    Having gone through this myself, I should tell you up front that if you're new to the iPhone I strongly recommend using iTunes. It's not my favorite (by far) but it's going to be a whole lot easier than anything else.

That said, if you want to take this route, there are definitely a number of apps out there that will let you do so. I can't recommend one over another: search for "iPhone transfer without iTunes" and you'll find a bunch. And videos from other services may even require jailbreaking. So again my advice would be: stick with iTunes until you get a little more comfortable with your phone.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    03-06-2012 03:46 PM
    I would like to download some music and ringtones, maybe even videos that I already have or from vuclip or funformobile. Is there a o way to do this? I'm sorry if this has already been asked. I'm new to the iPhone.
    Yes, you do need to use iTunes to transfer content to the iPhone.

Now, you do NOT need to have all content supplied by iTunes (except Apps). If any music or video file you have will open and play in iTunes you can transfer it to the iPhone, but you must do so with iTunes. Most any music format will play in iTunes but videos will have to be in the correct format; which you can find on the iPhone tech specs page at apple.com.

As the above poster said you can also search for a third party client. I've seen some rumblings about a return of VLC media player; but not sure of it's return to iOS.
    Last edited by sting7k; 03-06-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    03-06-2012 03:56 PM
    And DropBox also can do some syncs~
    03-12-2012 05:23 AM
    iTunes is a proffesional software for managing music,videos and other things on iphone from Apple, but now there are many software can do what itunes do ,and some of them like leawo itransfer can do better than itunes. So itunes is not a necessary if you won't plan to buy music or videos and ebooks from itunes store.
    03-12-2012 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD