Been having this issue ever since I got my new iPhone4
    I know many others with this issue.
    Also I have posted on numerous sites about this issue....and have tried everything and have
    gotten nowhere. Wondering if anyone has fixed it?
    03-05-2012 07:15 AM
    believe it or not it is the app and not your device. the Official FB app is not very well designed, fact of life

just to give you an example; i get ALL of my FB messages fine. in fact, for a while i was still getting them even after i deleted them for about a week straight. maybe try deleting the app and reloading onto your device but other than that we are at their mercy

one alternative i would suggest is using Boxcar from the app store
    03-05-2012 07:44 AM
    believe it or not it is the app and not your device. the Official FB app is not very well designed, fact of life

just to give you an example; i get ALL of my FB messages fine. in fact, for a while i was still getting them even after i deleted them for about a week straight. maybe try deleting the app and reloading onto your device but other than that we are at their mercy

Believe it or not, I have tried everything...lol...my friend actually gets the facebook messages in her iPhone banner notification...but I dont. I get wall posts and comments..which isnt that bad because some people dont even get that. I just want to know why it works on her device and not mine??????? Makes me think it has something to do with the mobile carrier we are on.
    03-05-2012 08:11 AM

Hey I have a couple of questions:

What carrier are you on?
    Is ur phone factory unlocked?
    Iphone 4 or 4s?

Just trying to troubleshoot. I am on Virgin and my friend is on Bell...which is apparently the same thing lol
    03-05-2012 08:18 AM
    that's a valid point, really. i have an iPhone 4 with at&t, not unlocked. Facebook app v4.1

personally most of my issues went away since the 4.1 update
    03-05-2012 08:50 AM
    This may or may not help you guys. Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I wasn't aware of it and it fixed the issue after I changed it. Facebook app has its own settings. Press that little 3 lined button on the top left, scroll down to settings, click on account settings. There ya go. It has Facebook notifications and any other settings you may want to play with. Hope this helps!
    03-05-2012 02:44 PM
    Hi,
    First,
    to see if it's your carrier, test to compare wifi and 3g
    03-05-2012 03:52 PM
    This may or may not help you guys. Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I wasn't aware of it and it fixed the issue after I changed it. Facebook app has its own settings. Press that little 3 lined button on the top left, scroll down to settings, click on account settings. There ya go. It has Facebook notifications and any other settings you may want to play with. Hope this helps!
    I am aware, but isnt that for email notifications? I will check it out again though!!! Thanks for the input.
    03-05-2012 06:59 PM
    Hi,
    First,
    to see if it's your carrier, test to compare wifi and 3g
    My facebook message notifications dont work with both..thanks for answering. I have tried almost everything lol..I even made a survey...to help with my troubleshooting
    03-05-2012 07:03 PM
    Have you tried the Facebook messenger app? It's not a perfect solution but it is worlds better than the standard app's messaging capabilities.
    03-05-2012 08:19 PM
    Have you tried the Facebook messenger app? It's not a perfect solution but it is worlds better than the standard app's messaging capabilities.
    Yah I have it...but it is really urking me that the messages work as notifications on other phones and not my phone!! It makes me think that because my phone is factory unlocked...thats why I have this issue!

Just need answers LOL..
    03-05-2012 08:36 PM
    OMG I just got it to work...after weeks of trying to figure this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW I can rest !!

Ok anyone who has this issue, this worked for me....I cant believe it AHHHHh
    Ok all you do is Deactivate your facebook account!!!! thats IT...Thas all.....
    03-08-2012 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD