Hello. I have had my iphone4 for about a year or so. just today the ringer quit ringing unless I had the earphones in. When I go to sounds to test my ring volume, it rings then without the headphones just fine. My music also plays just fine. I have also lost the keyboard "clicking" sound, and the click you normally hear when you turn the phone on or off. I have never used my headphones with it, but I tried the trick of inserting and removing the headphones jack several times, but that does nothing. I have also completely restored my phone thru itunes and got nothing. Any help???? PLEASE????
    02-08-2012 12:25 AM
    When u restored did u set up as new or load from a backup ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    02-08-2012 12:37 AM
    This may sound odd....
    Gently squeeze the lower right corner of the phone, where the speaker is located. This worked for me.
    02-11-2012 01:29 PM
    New to the forums but I encountered this problem a few months ago on my ipad2. Turns out I had accidentally hit that little switch that can be used for orientation lock or muting/unmuting. Mine apparently was set to control muting and I could only hear sounds through headphones until I flipped the little switch back.
    02-22-2012 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD