I'm considering buying a replacement back for my iP4, but I've been reading that some have poor quality lens covers that can make photos taken on the phone look worse.

Can anyone confirm/disconfirm that?
    02-05-2012 11:55 PM
    I had the brushed aluminum back for a while, I never had a problem with photos.
    02-06-2012 05:09 AM
    I'm considering buying a replacement back for my iP4, but I've been reading that some have poor quality lens covers that can make photos taken on the phone look worse.

Can anyone confirm/disconfirm that?
    Honestly I would be very wary of any 3rd party back replacement. The quality is pretty poor of them in general. Especially those from that cnn site. Perhaps I am pickier than most, but I wouldn't settle for poor quality materials being on my devices.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 02-12-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    02-06-2012 12:54 PM
    I have heard some people complain they can't get the screws to tighten correctly with the aluminum back. Heard this on many cases but not all.
    02-06-2012 02:13 PM
    i have 2 different back plates that i ordered off of ebay and didn't have any problems with camera quality at all.btw,both back plates are plastic which doesn't matter much to me since my phone is always in a case anyway.
    02-11-2012 05:24 PM
    I just installed a blue glass back plate, from phone parts usa. The quality is the same as the stock backplate on the iphone. You should check them out.
    02-11-2012 09:30 PM
    i have 2 different back plates that i ordered off of ebay and didn't have any problems with camera quality at all.btw,both back plates are plastic which doesn't matter much to me since my phone is always in a case anyway.
    If you always have your phone in a case why order a back plate?
    02-12-2012 11:32 AM
    I started this same thread about 2 weeks ago and got no replies smh.
    But I am also very interested in this but found while doing research that a flash bleeds into the photos because there is usually no photo diffuser on the replacement back panels.

Installation is usually easy because they send you the star tool. I am still very interested in this, as I only wear a bumper and protective film on my 4s so a replacement door would really stun those who look at my device. Besides that there's really no other reason to change the back panel.
    02-13-2012 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD