Problems with the cameras on my iPhone 4

Sergeant_Manny

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so Friday, Jan 27th, I took a video on my iPhone. Camera and video were working fine.

Now, either the camera shutter doesn't open, or I get a black screen. I can't use any options in the camera app other than view the camera roll.

3rd party camera apps don't work and my flashlight does not work either. It's like my phone does not have a camera!

My Front side VGA camera works with FaceTime

I have done some research on how common this issue is and I learned and this is an issue that occurs on the 3GS and even iPhone 4S users have come across this.

I've tried respringing, rebooting, clearing all the settings and data to factory.I want to avoid restoring to rejailbreak it but i might as well try that. I'm guessing because my phone is so old (it has baseband 01.59.00 preserved) that maybe i just need to get a new camera in the phone.

Does anybody have a fix for this?

Sergeant_Manny

May 1, 2011
Visit site
No, any warranty on a phone this old would have expired and even then, I doubt Apple would have a phone with a preserved baseband to get back to me so it would be pointless either way.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well if it's not software (because you did a restore) and its not hardware (because you had it repaired) maybe you have been smoten!! Did you piss the gods off recently??