iPhone 4 ringer problem

gsearles

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1 and at random times the phone will adjust the ringer volume on its own. At first I thought it was the case pushing on the buttons, but she says it does it without a case as well. I turned of the adjust volume with buttons and now it happens to the volume.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it was SW or HW problem.

Thanks,

Gordon

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd try restoring as new and see if that fixes the problem, if it doesn't it's HW... if it does something was corrupted somewhere, then i would restore again from iCloud backup

gsearles

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Cleveland,

I was thinking about doing that and have left it up to my wife to decide if she wants me to take the time to restore her phone as new and restore her data.

Gordon

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
depending on your data connection and whether or not you have the firmware cached in iTunes, it'll take anywhere from a half hour to an hour to do...

And you're welcome

jeanclaude71

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
hello,
I'm having the same problem with my iphone4...just went to apple 2 nights ago and they gave me a new phone, but it's still doing the same thing...apparently when we backed up from the icloud, we must've downloaded the same glitch...how did it work out? please help...this is my business line and I'm missing calls...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711