I posted this in the DIY/Mod section, but thought this might get more traffic so I'm trying here too.

Ok, so my buddy dropped his iPhone 4 and the corner of a table somehow hit just right on his home button and cracked just the button a little. He really wants to get it fixed, so I looked up online how to replace one. Needless to say, neither one of us is experienced in this sort of thing to do it ourselves. I'm pretty sure he'll end up with a nice little iPhone paperweight after we're finished.

So I decided to look for a repair place online that could possibly get this taken care of. I came across a website which is iPhone Repair - Trusted iPhone Repair Service and they have a repair service for home buttons. It looks like it's $78.90 for the service and they claim it will just be a few days and your phone will be back just like the day you got it. Sounds pretty good to me (especially since he's got a spare phone he can use while his is getting repaired), but I don't want to direct him to some place that will screw it up, or keep it and not send anything back.

So my question is: has anyone ever used a service like this, or used this one? And does anyone have any reviews or advice on what to do or a specific place to get it taken care of? Thanks! I really appreciate it. Also, we aren't close to an Apple store, so that's kind of out of the question.
    01-13-2012 10:56 AM
    I know in my area (well 2 hours north of me) there is a place that is called the iHospital and from what i hear they fix the device while you wait. This would be located in the tampa area. I would google to see if you have something of this nature in your area.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-13-2012 11:31 AM
    Well, we're in Southern Illinois so I'm not sure if there's anything anywhere near us that would have that. I'm sure he'd rather pay the money to ship it (if this place or any other is respected and trusted enough) than drive a couple hours to St. Louis or Evansville, IN to spend a day getting it done. I'll look though as he may be interested. Thanks for the idea.

Still looking for some opinions on this type of mail-in service if anyone has anything. Thanks!
    01-13-2012 11:48 AM
    A while back, my power button on my iPhone 4 broke. It didn't click anymore and was super hard to press down to lock the screen. I sent it to this place called fix-iphones, it cost me about $58.90 plus shipping. When they sent it back, the button was kind of fixed. The button clicked, but not for more than a few days. The button became hard to press, but it doesn't need that much pressure to lock the screen, so I didn't bother to spend another $60 for a fairly minor problem.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-13-2012 05:14 PM
    A while back, my power button on my iPhone 4 broke. It didn't click anymore and was super hard to press down to lock the screen. I sent it to this place called fix-iphones, it cost me about $58.90 plus shipping. When they sent it back, the button was kind of fixed. The button clicked, but not for more than a few days. The button became hard to press, but it doesn't need that much pressure to lock the screen, so I didn't bother to spend another $60 for a fairly minor problem.
    This is what I was looking for. I think that is the same site we were looking at. Might wait to see if anyone else has had an experience with them or another service to make the final decision. But thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it!
    01-13-2012 05:21 PM
    Have you tried going to Apple to see what they'd charge ?
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-13-2012 06:54 PM
    have you checked out the mod section and Ally's company Pixel Fix? you wouldn't have to worry about their quality of work.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-13-2012 10:01 PM
    have you checked out the mod section and Ally's company Pixel Fix? you wouldn't have to worry about their quality of work.
    No I haven't even heard of it. Is there some kind of contact info? Thanks for the head's up!
    01-13-2012 11:20 PM
    Have you tried going to Apple to see what they'd charge ?
    Would that require going to a store, or do they have a mail-in service? I think we're at least 3 hours away from a store.
    01-13-2012 11:21 PM
    Would that require going to a store, or do they have a mail-in service? I think we're at least 3 hours away from a store.
    Yes, you do have to go to the store, but they'll probably sell you a refurbished iPhone. I'd recommend a local repair shop or an online shop since they're generally cheaper.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-14-2012 12:42 AM
    Yes, you do have to go to the store, but they'll probably sell you a refurbished iPhone. I'd recommend a local repair shop or an online shop since they're generally cheaper.
    Thanks! I'll pass on all this info. Seems like it might be kinda difficult not living close to the city. Might have to roll the dice on a mail in place.
    01-14-2012 01:10 AM
    I would look for a local repair shop. I am in Dallas, TX and although i personally do iphone repairs where i work, we primarily deal with corporate stuff.
    We are not set up for walk in repairs. Customers mail them in to us. I have worked on a few hundred iPhone 4 units and thats the first i have heard of just the home button cracking. Most of the time its front or back glass.
    Back to my point, in the Dallas area, there are a number of iphone / cell phone repair shops that can do it while you wait.
    I would say send it to me but all you have is my word that i can do a great job. LOL unfortunately no body on the list has sent me a phone. Im also not greedy for business, so if someone on the list can point you in the direction of a local (local for you) shop i would go with them first. The main reason is if a problem pops up and you need them to fix their work, its a lot easier to get it done face to face then if you sent it out of state or something.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-16-2012 03:04 PM
    I'd use Ally (Pixel Fix) or iResQ.com. You can't go wrong with either.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-16-2012 09:38 PM
    I just wanted to thank everyone for their help in this thread and I wanted to give an update to the situation. So this is what happened: my buddy's son got in trouble (not sure what for), so he gave his son his phone with the messed up home button (it's really not THAT bad, but for an anal person, it is - the phone still functions, however) and then my buddy used the upgrade that was available on his son's line for an upgrade! Ha! How's that for punishment?! Although the son did get to move from 3g to a 4, so it's not all that bad.

I do appreciate all the advice on here, though. I'll keep all of it in mind if I need some help, myself, down the line. Thanks again!
    01-17-2012 11:29 AM
    I know the OP's problem is probably solved by now, but for anyone else with similar issues: there are a lot of very reputable mail-in iphone repair websites around these days, just make sure you check out reviews beforehand. There are also different 'grades' for replacement parts, so I'd shoot customer service an inquiry as to the grade of their replacement parts before purchasing. Grade A meets or exceeds standards set by Apple.
    03-25-2012 10:33 PM
    Hello everyone dont worry not get hesitated please visit this you get all your solutions related to iphone repair thank you so much....

iphone 4 screen repair dallas
    07-14-2012 05:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD