Hey, guys and girls.

I've recently run into a few dillemas with my (now-ancient) 2 month old iPhone 4. I recently called Apple (I bought the thing in late September so thank God I still have AppleCare) and they told me that I can come in to an Apple Store for an on-the-spot replacement. I'm scheduling an appointment at the store this Friday.

However, I realized something.

I called them yesterday, when the 4 is already considered ancient. I have doubts that they still make my phone (iPhone 4, 16 GB). So, what's gonna happen when they replace it? (not trying to sound stupid or anything, but I'm a noob.) Are they gonna replace it with a refurbished one, a new one of the same model, a new one with less storage (like the present-day 8 GB model) or (chances of this happening are very slim to none) a 4S? Just out of curiosity.

I may sound dumb (and I probably do), but I'm a noob at Apple and my iPhone is currently my first.

Thanks in advance,
    A noob to iPhones.
    12-19-2011 09:57 PM
    You don't sound dumb..they're gonna give u a 64 gb iPhone 4s for your troubles 👶
    12-19-2011 11:07 PM
    Apple still carries replacements for old devices. If they didn't, they wouldn't offer Apple Care.
    12-20-2011 12:43 AM
    You will get the same device you have now
    12-20-2011 12:52 AM
    I asked a apple genius about refurbished iPhone's and he told me there is no such thing, the way he explained it is if you buy a brand new phone then have a issue within a day or so and it has to get replaced how is it fair that you get a refurbished phone?? the short answer is it's not!! They are all brand new without packaging ( to save a few buck i suppose). You will get the exact same as what you currently have without the hardware issue.
    Hope this explains it and helps you a bit.
    12-20-2011 02:14 AM
    I called Verizon about this issue when the 4s came out 1 month and a half after I got my 16 gb phone. They told me that they would replace it with a 16 gb iPhone 4 and if they did not have any in stock then they would give me a 16 gb 4s. They would never downgrade your storage size.
    12-20-2011 09:39 AM
    @Monkeymiike420: LOL that just made my day.

@Garz: That's good to know. I was kinda getting worried.

@kshen1: Again, thanks. That helps. Seriously, it does.

@shooter03: That helps a lot. I certainly don't want a refurbished iPhone. My last two experiences with a refurbished device (one was a slim PSP and another was this Samsung Captivate I absolutely hated) didn't go well. Especially with my iPhone's frequent "No SIM" issue and a list of other problems, a refurbished one would be a nightmare.

@jclif: Awesome. Although I'm not sure how Rogers would do this sort of thing, though. If I'm extremely lucky (and pray a Hail Mary while I'm at it) I'd end up with a 4S.
    12-20-2011 07:09 PM
    I asked a apple genius about refurbished iPhone's and he told me there is no such thing, the way he explained it is if you buy a brand new phone then have a issue within a day or so and it has to get replaced how is it fair that you get a refurbished phone?? the short answer is it's not!! They are all brand new without packaging ( to save a few buck i suppose). You will get the exact same as what you currently have without the hardware issue.
    Hope this explains it and helps you a bit.
    This is exactly what I have been arguing with a couple of people here who call this replacements " refurbs" , these replacements are the same brand new phones you get in the box. It's funny that eversince the iphone came out I've had three brand new iphones replaced for different issues and the replacements always are the ones I end up using for a year or more without any problems.
    12-20-2011 07:59 PM
    This is exactly what I have been arguing with a couple of people here who call this replacements " refurbs" , these replacements are the same brand new phones you get in the box. It's funny that eversince the iphone came out I've had three brand new iphones replaced for different issues and the replacements always are the ones I end up using for a year or more without any problems.
    ha ha so true, I'm on my second 4s and it seems to be better than the original i got on release day. dont worry what other people say, the phones you get under warrenty are brand new unused. i have made a friend or two at the apple store and have one friend that has worked there for a few years now and i have gotten told the same thing from all three.
    12-21-2011 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD