VZW iPhone 4 Downgrade/Update Problem! PLEASE HELP!

taypotts

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I was trying to restore my iPhone to stock, and now there is just a mess. I couldn't restore when I was on ios 5, so I thought why not downgrade to 4.2.6 (I have my SHSH blobs saved). I was successful in that, but iTunes will not "activate" my phone so it just sits at the "Emergency calls only" screen.

I've tried to put my phone in DFU mode and restore and update like normal, but I get "The iPhone could not be restored. This device is not eligible for the requested build."

I really just need my phone to boot back up like normal. At this point I don't care if it is on iOS 4.2.6 or iOS 5. ANY HELP would be AWESOME! Thanks!

I'm on a Verizon iPhone BTW, so hactivating, or switching sim cards won't work.

SHSH Blobs saved: 4.2.6 and 4.2.10

THANKS!!

taypotts

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Now I booted into PWNed DFU mode with RedSn0w, started TinyUmbrella, and when I try to restore to iOS 5 I get the 3014 error.

I also failed to mention I'm on a Mac running Lion.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Try using Xcode to restore to ios5.0.1. I am sure you can find a copy on line, then use iTunes to restore from your last backup or as a new phone. Xcode is free in the Mac app store.

taypotts

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
SOLVED!!!

After messing around a little bit, I simply opened up TinyUmbrella, and then closed it out then hit the restore button in iTunes and that was it! All Fixed!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2