Messages gone?

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
So my iMessage was messing up and I decided to reboot my phone. When it came back up every text and iMessage conversation was gone...where did they go and why did they disappear?

Thanks

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Only time I've seen this happen is on a jailbroken phone. I've seen the text message database get corrupted and it deletes it and starts over. The next time you send an iMessage to someone, it will download your previous conversations as they are stored in the "cloud", but your normal texts are gone gone gone.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Only time I've seen this happen is on a jailbroken phone. I've seen the text message database get corrupted and it deletes it and starts over. The next time you send an iMessage to someone, it will download your previous conversations as they are stored in the "cloud", but your normal texts are gone gone gone.

Well none of my iMessages came back either. Even after I messaged them back.

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong but the only time I've seen that happen on my phone I've noticed it's evade I have too many past messages and it gets cluttered. Doesn't happene to often as I delete my messages a lot. I like to keep my phones memory clean and stuff. The iPhone does store up a lot of info and messages and I've seen people keep their text messages from their loved one since they first got their iPhone. Sisters girlfriend has her boyfriends text message thread from the first time she got her iPhone. All others sometimes get cleared but his. So it could be that.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong but the only time I've seen that happen on my phone I've noticed it's evade I have too many past messages and it gets cluttered. Doesn't happene to often as I delete my messages a lot. I like to keep my phones memory clean and stuff. The iPhone does store up a lot of info and messages and I've seen people keep their text messages from their loved one since they first got their iPhone. Sisters girlfriend has her boyfriends text message thread from the first time she got her iPhone. All others sometimes get cleared but his. So it could be that.

That may be what it was....I rarely delete messages as sometimes I need to go back and reference things said and such, so that could be what happened...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you say your iMessage was messing up, what exactly was happening? And you did a reboot, or a restore?

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
When you say your iMessage was messing up, what exactly was happening? And you did a reboot, or a restore?

They were not delivering. They would send as text and I would receive a text and the same message as an iMessage. I did not restore, just rebooted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2