Long time BB user here switching to iphone. Anyone have a good site that's a good read on getting started using an iphone. Tips, tricks etc etc. I have found a lot of good info on here but it is a bit tedious searching through threads etc.

Thanks
    12-13-2011 02:26 PM
    http://www.tipb.com/tips/

Welcome and enjoy the link.
    Ginbill likes this.
    12-13-2011 02:53 PM
    Thanks. Good info there. Any links to getting started? I read through some of the "switching from BB to IP" thread and it seems like its more ask a specific question, get the answer. I know the old BB forum I was on had some tips as far as initial setup etc. Like what every user should set certain things to for optimizing performance and battery life etc or creating a BB id. My provider is giving me the phone free after many ongoing issues with my BB and quality control of the devices I have had I have had it with RIM. I think they have had it with me demanding they fix them so have offered me an ip4 instead. Never having considered the switch before I really don't know the first place to start with one. Like for instance how the apps work. Do I have a specific apple user id assigned to the phone or can anyone create an appworld account?
    12-13-2011 03:28 PM
    You create your own apple id. The easiest way is to do it in iTunes. You will need to put a credit card or iTunes gift card on file. It will also function as your iCloud id, that will give you free push mail, contact and calendar sync, photo sync between computer and other i-Devices and free over-the-air backups. You will need iTunes to sync your music and multi-media to your phone.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    12-13-2011 04:13 PM
    Ok. Thanks. I assume there's an option in itunes not to sync music as I have no intentions on syncing my entire library. Good place to get me started anyway. I will have to spend some time on google and see if I can find some options for optimzing performance too.
    12-13-2011 05:27 PM
    Your best bet for that is to make a playlist with the songs you want, and only sync that playlist. You can also sync only checked songs or manually manage the music. The tips section has great things for the battery.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    12-14-2011 01:03 PM
    Dont be shy with the music connection. I have a 16g model and the 300 or so songs dont even make a dent in the space. As a former BB owner I think you will love the iPhone. only a couple of things i miss, the most important is the lack of an LED notification. You never know how great that is till its gone.I miss having two mailboxes on the home screen but you get used to it
    12-14-2011 07:19 PM
    Thanks for the info. I know I will miss the LED notifications, but more than that I think I will miss my speed dial. I have probably 10+ keys programmed as speed dial keys right now with my BB
    12-14-2011 09:50 PM
    Just received the phone. Now I just have to wait for my otterbox. Without fail if I don't put the case on it first I will be the guy who drops it and shatters the screen. Lol
    12-15-2011 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD