Hey guys,

So I've been using my iPhone for couple of months now. And so far it has been working well and I love it. However I noticed some technical issues as of late. It happened twice now. The first time it happened was that the phone was frozen as I was texting. No matter what I do (tried to call it but the screen is stuck there). After 15 minutes or so the freezing stopped and it resumed back to normal.

Now this second incident is even weirder. By the way, I never jailbroke this phone or anything, I have the latest official software. So today it decides to randomly freeze and won't turn on. It was on black screen for a long time. And then I tried to turn it on, it won't turn on. Tried to plug in to iTunes, did not work. Tried to charge, did not work. When I called it, it dialed and rang, but no ring. So I don't know what is with this random freezing of my iPhone...if there was an emergency, how can I trust that it won't do this again?

Does this happen occassionally for anyone else? I mean, it's not frequent at all and after I held and home and power button simultaneously for about 2-3 mins, it finally turned on. But I never turn it off in the first place, so it's strange.

Anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried?
    11-29-2011 06:32 PM
    I would take it to an Apple Store, that is definitely not normal. My iPhone 4 hasn't frozen a single time.
    11-29-2011 08:54 PM
    Put it into recovery mode and restore the phone. (Press and hold the power and home button, when the phone turns on let go of the power button and keep holding home until it tells you to reconnect to itunes.
    You will lose all of your data on your phone, but you can restore most of it from a backup from iTunes, the music will have to be put on by you again.
    If the problem persist i would call apple or go to an apple store.
    Last edited by Bias X; 11-29-2011 at 10:44 PM.
    11-29-2011 10:40 PM
    I would take it to an Apple Store, that is definitely not normal. My iPhone 4 hasn't frozen a single time.
    It has only happened twice though...so it's not consistent.I guess I'll let them look next time it happens?
    11-29-2011 11:40 PM
    If it gets more consistent, definitely take it in. You've only had it a couple months, so warranty should still be in effect. It's definitely not normal, but maybe it was just a fluke? If it happened one more time, I would suggest restoring through iTunes and setting it back up again from default ... Kinda restart the whole iPhone, ya know? But then if it's consistent, definitely get it taken care of courtesy of Apple.
    11-30-2011 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD