Thinking about coming back to iOS from WP 7.5

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
First, off, I LOVE WP 7.5. It is an awesome OS, and if you haven't tried it you should. The issue is that it hasn't evolved enough yet and the current hardware doesn't get me too excited. I've had iPhones before, and they seem to have a more complete integrated ecosystem at the moment.

With that said, the thing I'll miss the most is the integrated features like the people hub for my contacts and skydrive (especially being able to edit docs on my phone).

I haven't looked into iOS 5 all that much but it looks cool. Are there similar components in the iPhone that are comparable to WP 7.5 in these two areas? Will I be able to edit docs in iOS?

I'll probably pick up an iPhone 4 on ebay so I can get one without a contract.

PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO WP VS iOS DISCUSSION/BATTLE/FLAME THREAD.

That's NOT what the point of the post is. I'd like to know how many features will be on iOS when I return.

I think both are great OS's, with the exception of the Nokia Lumia 800 (which may have borrowed a bit from 4th/5th gen iPod nanos IMO, which is probably why I like them), Apple phone design is better than anything else in the WP lineup. The HTC Titan is nice, but a little too beastly at 4.7" on the screen.

Last edited:

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Little bit OT, but thanks for the response! Hopefully someone will chime in soon.

I'm sure someone will soon. I have absolutely no experience with WP, just BBOS (recently converted to iOS). If you do end up looking for an iP4, I have an extra 16gb for VZW.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Nothing as comprehensive as the people app besides the contacts app, but that doesn't give you latest status' and pics. There are document apps, including apple's pages and Dropbox. Idk if u can edit with Dropbox.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I use QuickOffice to edit documents that are saved in my Dropbox. This works almost identical to a Skydrive.I have folders that are shared with colleagues. This enables us to work on documents and get the latest update the next time we access the Dropbox folder. QuickOffice works great for Word and Excel files.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
If you get box.net with your iphone, you get 50 gigs of online storage. Then use docs to go, or Quickoffice pro and you can edit, create, and share docs thru box or dropbox, or sugar sync. Thats what I use for work and its awesome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73