Hi all, I really need help to understand something so I can get this done. In town I called a guy he said he can tither JB and unlock my iphone 4 verizon that is currently on 5.0.1 and modem fw 3.0.03. I need to know please do I leave the modemware or upgrade it or downgrade it????? If I need to save my SHSH blobs first I think I use ifaith? Once I do that when do I use them. Would I use redsnow to JB first or another? please help me I am sitting here helpless thank you for your help!
    Last edited by stickies; 11-24-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    11-24-2011 02:48 PM
    Don't you have another thread going about this?
    11-24-2011 02:52 PM
    Don't you have another thread going about this?
    Noone was answering cause maybe I it was to broad cause I am a newbee I just found out I need to save SHSH blobs so this thread is clairifing a little more as to what I do with them once saved. The other thread is about JB I learned I can JB it but I am after unlocking/flashing it on this thread as I learned this is what I need to learn to do once JB.
    11-24-2011 03:08 PM
    As I said in that thread, the answer is no, you can't unlock/downgrade that baseband with a software unlock. Not possible. Cannot be done.

You MAY be able to use a Gevey SIM, I'm not sure. But ultrasn0w will not work.
    11-24-2011 03:17 PM
    As I said in that thread, the answer is no, you can't unlock/downgrade that baseband with a software unlock. Not possible. Cannot be done.

You MAY be able to use a Gevey SIM, I'm not sure. But ultrasn0w will not work.
    As in the other thread there is a guy in my town who works on iphones etc. I called him the other day he asked what os and modem fw he said yes he can do it but it will be tithered but he wants 60.00 besides I need to learn how maybe he is blowing smoke huh? besides you keep telling me SHSH blobs I will need and I asked how to use them now your saying it cannot be done I cannot get a straight answer from you Massie so what do you expect? Besides you say one thing then I ask a question about blobs then you change your mind and say no it cannot be done ok if that is so then why did you keep telling me about the SHSH blogs to be saved then I can?????? which one is it make up your mind
    Last edited by stickies; 11-24-2011 at 03:39 PM.
    11-24-2011 03:34 PM
    I answered in the other thread.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-24-2011 04:14 PM
    As in the other thread there is a guy in my town who works on iphones etc. I called him the other day he asked what os and modem fw he said yes he can do it but it will be tithered but he wants 60.00 besides I need to learn how maybe he is blowing smoke huh? besides you keep telling me SHSH blobs I will need and I asked how to use them now your saying it cannot be done I cannot get a straight answer from you Massie so what do you expect? Besides you say one thing then I ask a question about blobs then you change your mind and say no it cannot be done ok if that is so then why did you keep telling me about the SHSH blogs to be saved then I can?????? which one is it make up your mind
    A) I never said anything about SHSH.
    B) The person that did mention them went on to explain that it was too late for you to save them.

I'll stop trying to help now as I seem to be confusing you. Best of luck.
    11-24-2011 04:21 PM
    A) I never said anything about SHSH.
    B) The person that did mention them went on to explain that it was too late for you to save them.

I'll stop trying to help now as I seem to be confusing you. Best of luck.
    no! I am sorry I had you confused I thought one person says yes and no all is well. I have to try and find out way an iphone guru in town says he can do it maybe I will call him and try to pick his brain a bit and I can share it. Thank you for your trying to help me Massie I need your help and others so please do help and thank you. I have another phone I will have to do then cause I have to get one done I just did a new post on that it is 4.2.8 with modemware 1.0.06. Again Massie thank you and to E-Brown
    11-24-2011 05:30 PM
    Ya OK I just found out how to do it I will do it next week FYI guys and girls when you flash a cdma phone to another carrier it makes no difference what baseband you have only on GSM cause GSM there must be a hack for a particular baseband to unlock it. However when you flash a cdma phone all your doing is rewritting the prl files making no difference to your baseband what so ever!
    11-25-2011 07:08 PM
    Ya OK I just found out how to do it I will do it next week FYI guys and girls when you flash a cdma phone to another carrier it makes no difference what baseband you have only on GSM cause GSM there must be a hack for a particular baseband to unlock it. However when you flash a cdma phone all your doing is rewritting the prl files making no difference to your baseband what so ever!
    Good to know. So what CDMA carrier are you flashing it to? Are you having someone do it for you. Is it very difficult? Most wondering for future reference. Never looked into having a phone flashes to another CDMA carrier.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-25-2011 07:18 PM
    I have a same case with u! so if u know, could u share wish me please
    12-23-2011 12:05 AM
    The answer seems to be out already but to clarify, you can't ever downgrade your baseband unless you have a really old iPhone 3G which is rarely. If you have a specific bb you can either upgrade it or let it be.

Ty!
    12-23-2011 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD