Hey all have an urgent question in relation to my iPhone 4 (16G)

Ok I was already using iOS4.. and was running sweet then i upgraded to IOS5.. which was ok as well ( even though I prefer IOS4).. I decided to jailbreak my phone using redsn0w and it went well.. Cydia was working well.. I installed Winterboard and some other apps which were seeming to work fine.. ( P.S this was done last Thursday 9/11 ) Then on Saturday night my home screen button began failing to work... eventually the phone died... and even If i tried rebooting the phone with redsn0w .. it would not enter DFU mode...

So this led me to believe it was a hardware issue, but others tell me its a software issue...

I decided to do a restore.. and even after restoring with iTunes.. and setting up as a new phone again the home screen button fails to work.... my question is .. is this a hardware issue or a iOS5 issue? need to resolve asap.. any advice will be much appreciated.

Loki
    11-16-2011 12:46 AM
    Hey all have an urgent question in relation to my iPhone 4 (16G)

Ok I was already using iOS4.. and was running sweet then i upgraded to IOS5.. which was ok as well ( even though I prefer IOS4).. I decided to jailbreak my phone using redsn0w and it went well.. Cydia was working well.. I installed Winterboard and some other apps which were seeming to work fine.. ( P.S this was done last Thursday 9/11 ) Then on Saturday night my home screen button began failing to work... eventually the phone died... and even If i tried rebooting the phone with redsn0w .. it would not enter DFU mode...

So this led me to believe it was a hardware issue, but others tell me its a software issue...

I decided to do a restore.. and even after restoring with iTunes.. and setting up as a new phone again the home screen button fails to work.... my question is .. is this a hardware issue or a iOS5 issue? need to resolve asap.. any advice will be much appreciated.

Loki
    It's both. Some people had problems could restore and the home button would work perfectly again.
    Other like me were not so lucky. It was a hardware problem.
    Probably best to set up a genius bar appointment.
    11-16-2011 01:15 AM
    Pardon my french but wtf is a genius bar appointment..
    11-16-2011 01:16 AM
    Genius bar is their in store service "center" where they can diagnose your problem and try to help you with it.
    11-16-2011 02:01 AM
    Aka Make a appt and go to apple

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 02:34 AM
    The home buttons have been known to go bad in the 4. They'll probably replace it if you make an appt at apple to have it looked it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 06:47 AM
    I had a similar issue. I turned out to be the home button, hardware issue. For $29 apple will send you a replacement phone, and then you ship your phone to them in the box your replacement phone came in.

John
    11-16-2011 07:05 AM
    Like others stated. It's a in store appointment where a apple "genius" tries to aid you with your problem.
    I recommend this because if they find the iPhone faulty or anything of that nature they can do it then and there. No shipping hassles.
    Last edited by Bias X; 11-16-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    11-16-2011 08:08 AM
    This quote is priceless! I'm still LOL!!
    11-16-2011 09:01 AM
    This quote is priceless! I'm still LOL!!
    Not so much... especially for any one who has been a part of the Apple culture for more than a month or so...
    hockeydave55 likes this.
    11-16-2011 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD