Ok, so one of the new features for ios 5 is the volume up camera button. Ever since the update when I position my iphone to take a picture using the volume up button as the shutter, it shows the pics upside down when I load it on the computer. Same thing with videos. The only way to remedy this issue is if I use quicktime to watch my videos, but anything else shows it upside down. With pictures I have to save it on my computer and rotate them. However, on my phone, they all look normal! WTF?!

Also, why do I have 3 folders for pictures on my iphone now instead of one? I think one folder was created if you used the editing features but where is this third one coming from?
    11-15-2011 01:18 AM
    Ok, so one of the new features for ios 5 is the volume up camera button. Ever since the update when I position my iphone to take a picture using the volume up button as the shutter, it shows the pics upside down when I load it on the computer. Same thing with videos. The only way to remedy this issue is if I use quicktime to watch my videos, but anything else shows it upside down. With pictures I have to save it on my computer and rotate them. However, on my phone, they all look normal! WTF?!

Also, why do I have 3 folders for pictures on my iphone now instead of one? I think one folder was created if you used the editing features but where is this third one coming from?
    One folder is a collective that shows all photos on your phone.

And how are you taking the pics? The volume buttons have to be pointing to the left, or down.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    11-15-2011 02:44 AM

And how are you taking the pics? The volume buttons have to be pointing to the left, or down.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    disagree, all the iPhone ad's I've seen have the volume button pointing up when taking a picture.
    11-15-2011 03:13 AM
    disagree, all the iPhone ad's I've seen have the volume button pointing up when taking a picture.
    You can disagree all you want. You can certainly take a picture with the buttons up, but they will turn out upside down when transferring them. Not sure why, cause it's certainly more comfortable for most people to take the picture with the buttons up.
    11-15-2011 06:51 AM
    Yea, I take pics with the volume button up and to the right side. So, the camera lens is on the bottom right (if you were able to see it through the screen). This is pretty dumb honestly. Why would they want to highlight a feature of ios 5 by taking photos like a regular camera using the volume up button, but results in an upside down photo? Same thing for the video!
    11-15-2011 11:19 AM

Same thing happens with me. I've searched before and something gets messed up with the meta data when trying to view photos and videos with Windows on anything other than Quicktime (on Windows).

This has been going on before the volume button thing though. If I take photos in portrait and not landscape they are always rotated 90 degrees when I bring them into Windows.

Join me in sending feedback;

Apple - iPhone - Feedback
    11-15-2011 11:19 AM
    Same thing happens with me. I've searched before and something gets messed up with the meta data when trying to view photos and videos with Windows on anything other than Quicktime (on Windows).

This has been going on before the volume button thing though. If I take photos in portrait and not landscape they are always rotated 90 degrees when I bring them into Windows.

Join me in sending feedback;

Apple - iPhone - Feedback
    Got it. I just sent my feedback, I hope they fix this. Thanks.
    11-15-2011 11:38 AM
    Yeah, I have the same problem too. Have to clear EXIF setting all the time
    11-22-2011 02:21 AM
    I sent my feedback too. Pretty silly when Apple themselves keep showing the volume buttons facing up, which is natural. But equally stupid is that pictures taken in portrait, with the home button down, display sideways. I've seen people blame Microsoft,but the fact is that pictures from other devices display just fine. I just had a coworker take pictures with his Blackberry Bold 9850 in various orientations and transfer them to his Windows PC. They all displayed right side up.

This might be the last straw for me.
    11-28-2011 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD