I need to take my iPhone into apple for a hardware issue. The home button is giving me problems. I've posted a thread and many have answered with some great suggestions about how to fix it up. Can I make a backup of my jailbroken phone,take it to apple and if they give me a new one... Restore the backup I made after re-jail breaking the phone? I appreciate the help.
    11-12-2011 03:37 PM
    I think there's a app in Cydia but remember to take it in not jailbroke and not sure what OS the new one will have

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-12-2011 03:43 PM
    Yes, but that isn't going to put back your jailbreak apps, if that's what you're asking.
    11-12-2011 03:44 PM
    Dude. Mr.Danger. My hero. I knew you would answer! Yeah I'll make sure it's not jbroken. Sucks that I won't know what os is on it but I can't take this home button anymore. I looked into how to crack the apple open. I'm sure I can handle it. Just don't feel like it. I'd rather them deal with it. You never know. They may not have any regular 4's in stock. I may just get a 4s. Maybe that's wishful thinking but I'm optimistic. Lol. I think I'm pressing the button harder than needed and it's only gonna make matters worse.
    11-12-2011 03:47 PM
    Yes, but that isn't going to put back your jailbreak apps, if that's what you're asking.
    Yeah. That's actually what I was aiming at too. Oh well that's ok. It'll sure gimme something to do for a while.
    11-12-2011 03:47 PM
    Speaking of backups. What exactly does the backup consist of? What's restored when the time comes?
    11-12-2011 03:49 PM
    Speaking of backups. What exactly does the backup consist of? What's restored when the time comes?
    iTunes: About iOS backups

...settings, SMS history, Camera Roll, documents, saved games, and other data. Backups do not contain content synced to the device, such as movies, music, podcasts, and apps.
    11-12-2011 04:10 PM
    Wow. I miss being jailbroken already.
    11-12-2011 06:11 PM
    No heart break I always run pure lol although I know how to and allot about JB and unlocks lol ( hobby ) lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-12-2011 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD