Bluetooth off - still tries to connect

1guido

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
yesterday I noticed that my iPhone on ios5 is trying to connect to my Bluetooth in my car. The odd Part is the phones Bluetooth is Turned off. Its sending out a very low signal if i move the phone away from the radio, the graphic Showing it trying to Connect goes away if I leave it alone it continues to try and connect but never does. I'm sure that's not helping the battery issue not to mention privacy concerns

any one else experience this?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't turned my Bluetooth off since I got my phone, do I'm no help. Sorry. At least your question is bumped to the top again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe shut off the Bluetooth on the iDevice ? Maybe the car searches for the signal even off and the device picks up that weak signal and tries to connect ... Idk just a thought

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe shut off the Bluetooth on the iDevice ? Maybe the car searches for the signal even off and the device picks up that weak signal and tries to connect ... Idk just a thought

He said it is shut off on the phone though, which is the strange part because it would mean his phone is still sending out a weak bluetooth signal even if bluetooth is shut off.

1guido

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth is off I have toggled it on and off and it still does the same thing. It seems like it has a weak signal that wont turn off

Mo0r

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Try to reboot the phone. Or even hard-reboot it - by pressing home and lock buttons simultaneously and holding them for a few seconds.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
yeah id say hard reboot it and if it continues to have these problems have the genius bar check it out because it shouldn't be doing that.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro