Home button lag

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting some serious lag when pressing my home button. I'm on ios5 jailbroken. Sometimes it's just unresponsive. Locking the screen then unlocking and tapping home works but it seems to be getting worse and slower. I did a tethered reboot and it seemed to regain a little responsiveness back. Any ideas why this is happening? A buddy of mine said that the home buttons will do this from time to time but it's more than likely a hardware issue. I'm looking for any and all suggestions. Thank you ahead of time.

Lbun2

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine is retarded as well and Verizon is sending me a new (refurbish) phone. But yes, ill hit the home button with no response. Then ill hit it again and it thinks i tapped it twice. Or i hit it once and it thinks i did it twice. It has a mind of its own!

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Can you answer me one question? Well a few. Lol. Do you have Verizon and how does the insurance work for an iPhone? Sales associate told me it was different than the droid I had. I haven't called yet but I'm sure you can answer with a quick swipe.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's prob the prongs not making contact or dirt or dust under the button apple replaced my iPhone 4 for this prob and my wife got hers replaced for it from Verizon .. You don't need insurance of the phone is perfect other wise it is covered under the one year manufacture warranty just make sure to tell them you reloaded the OS and what not so you know it's not software

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok will do. I'll head into the apple store first. Phone is in awesome condition. Just get tired of the home button thingy but it's only hardware. Thanks again mr.danger!

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just called vzw to activate insurance just incase. It's kinda intermittent. Responds great sometimes more than others. I think it's the dust

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
happens to me too with my VZW phone. Lags or thinks I've pressed it twice and open up my multitask apps... frustrating but encouraging that Apple would replace it.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I've found rubbing some rubbing alcohol all around the home button, really getting it in there helps alot!!! it worked on my daughters ipod touch and my son's iphone 3gs.. over time, dust and dirt gets under the home button, the alcohol clears it... give it a try.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I was in serious disbelief that it was a hardware problem. I'm sure apple designed the iPhone home button to be tapped a million times. There's just no dust filter

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was in serious disbelief that it was a hardware problem. I'm sure apple designed the iPhone home button to be tapped a million times. There's just no dust filter

Only problem is the prongs will eventually bend from pressing over time or break if pressed too hard a lot ... So dust prob could have similar symptoms .. ( the button is actually a clicker that pushes two metal wire progs to touch 2 contacts ) when it makes contact the phone responds.
I've seem this a lot in older iPhones and sometime I've been able to open it up and.reshape the prongs and it will be good as new

I'm suprised actually that this button as not be redesigned to a some sort of touch button vs a physical one

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue too. Google it and you'll fine some fixes. If bother don't work Apple will replace it. You don't need insurance for this.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just had to rub in more alcohol. Damn. Might have to travel out to apple tomorrow.
How often does everyone have to do this?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR